Is Pinball FX 2 worth buying?

Keylo415
Expert Protege
Looks very fun, and interesting...
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

maxpare79
Trustee
yeah I love it...I suck at it and wish there was more then 3 tables but it's really cool
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

View solution in original post

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
I have the a heap of tables in FX.  FX2 for VR was kind of a letdown. especially for the price and lack of extra tables.

sparkie14
Expert Protege
I like it but agree about the lack of tables as i would like more choice even if they were micro transactions for added tables.  The gameplay itself is awesome..

RobHermans
Superstar
Somehow this thread got split into 2. The first part seems to be in a different category. :confused: Here's a link to the other part:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/37818/is-pinball-fx-2-worth-buying

[@mods: can one of you merge these threads, please?]

Anyone who gets this game, feel free to add me to you friends list. B)
You'll find some more "Wizards" to add in this thread:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/37331/looking-for-oculus-friends

18 REPLIES 18

maxpare79
Trustee
yeah I love it...I suck at it and wish there was more then 3 tables but it's really cool
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
I have the a heap of tables in FX.  FX2 for VR was kind of a letdown. especially for the price and lack of extra tables.

sparkie14
Expert Protege
I like it but agree about the lack of tables as i would like more choice even if they were micro transactions for added tables.  The gameplay itself is awesome..

RobHermans
Superstar
Just check out any trailer for the recent releases, and you'll see and hear the quality (turn it up!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12VvS9EE0sc

In fact, that's one thing which hasn't been mentioned yet: the quality for the sound effects and voice acting. Imo this is a BIG part of the enjoyment of this game.

benplace
Rising Star
I think the lack of new tables is due to the effects they add like the shark swiming around the outside of the table.  This is very gimmicky I would rather have a bunch of good tables without this.

RobHermans
Superstar
I'm not one of the developers for Zen Studios, but I'm sure there must be a bit more to it than just designing the environments. Sure, I agree the game needs more than a measly 3 tables, but it IS only $15... and if there's one thing I've learned from the Saga of the Rift, it's good things come to those who wait. 🙂

L_E_D_BLUE
Expert Protege
Yeah it is really amazing, But the lack of tables, makes it boring fast.

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I love it myself. I have started to focus a lot on the Quest table and working towards breaking into the top 100 highscores in the world.

Pinball in VR looks great, and very very fun! Walking around the tables, and even looking under them is great.

I'd definitely pick it up - also a great looking but relatively simple game to show others in VR.

this title's on my to-buy list... I just need to play all the other stuff I've paid for and not tried first.. mostly non-VR

(maybe that's why I haven't played with them)