cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's BS Rift owners have to wait for Vader

Brodieman37
Explorer
It's total crap!  Rift owners have been there for years.  We allowed the Quest to be born and we get screwed waiting for Vader?  A Star Wars game we have been waiting for, for four years?  Come on Oculus/
26 REPLIES 26

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
We just got to be patient mate, I posted too asking when the top 5 games are going to be released, I want them as much as you do, but I guess they're working on high res textures etc.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

It's total crap!  Rift owners have been there for years.  We allowed the Quest to be born and we get screwed waiting for Vader?
So, keep supporting Oculus. 
Buy a quest and you can basically play vader straight away ! 🙂
Be good, die great !

jab
Rising Star
From a Oculus walled garden perspective I totally agree it is BS. But technically the Quest is very different hardware and OS (ARM/Android) then a Rift running on a Windows PC. So It would be almost twice the work to support both. Not to say they won't. But they probably had more then enough on their plate, just getting it ready for the Quest release.

Brodieman37
Explorer
Game makers work on PC, Xbox, and PS4 versions and release them at the same time.  They are trying to get people to buy the Quest to boost their numbers while leaving the people they already have in the dust.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
No, they stated Vader Immortal as an quest exclusive a very long time ago.
 Everone with a pcvr can play Oculus titles with 2nd party software.
Every new "consol" needs some exclusives to attract userbase. Star Wars franchise is just gold for quest.

While I had definately hoped for Vader Immortal to be released for Rift as well on "opening night", I totally understand while we as rift / rift-s users will have to wait for a while. Otherwise the exclusive means nothing. And all the rift / vive / reverb reviews of Vader Immortal would probably drown  the quest reviews and the exposure to mainstream it definately needs for the vr market to expand.

Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good...good!!!

https://youtu.be/jZ6nF6JKtRc

B) 

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

KlodsBrik said:

So, keep supporting Oculus. 
Buy a quest and you can basically play vader straight away ! 🙂

I want to support Ferrari!! Oh wait, right can't afford it. Maybe you can afford every toy imaginable, but that is hardly a solution for everyone.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

gr0bda said:
I want to support Ferrari!! Oh wait, right can't afford it. Maybe you can afford every toy imaginable, but that is hardly a solution for everyone.

Right. Since you can't afford it up-front. You have to wait until it is provided to you. That's called: Life.

It's total crap!  Rift owners have been there for years.  We allowed the Quest to be born and we get screwed waiting for Vader?

How are you "screwed" exactly? Is the lack of a Star Wars game causing you some type of true turmoil in life? If so, do explain. Normally, this is just a situation where you have to wait longer to play a video game. Having patience is a virtue.

That being said, I played Vader Immortal on my new Quest. And yes, I have owned the Rift CV1 since 2016. I don't feel screwed, because I decided to solve the problem myself instead of getting upset that someone didn't solve it for me.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Game makers work on PC, Xbox, and PS4 versions and release them at the same time.  They are trying to get people to buy the Quest to boost their numbers while leaving the people they already have in the dust.

Vader is coming to the Rift, so no one is being "left in the dust." I don't think you know how being left in the dust works.

And game makers working on games for PC and Consoles usually have many years to prepare. Vader Immortal was a project that barely started a year ago. They need to build it for two platforms: Mobile and PC. This is a game of patience and timing. Instead of getting upset that you're needs are automatically met, try to understand the situation.