cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo Discussion

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Today is the day right? I'm really excited. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UZ6fqlZavo

When will the download start? I don't know why these downloads don't start at midnight of the release day.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
74 REPLIES 74

Ryguy21
Protege
I have played quite a bit of Echo Arena; I really enjoy it and can play it for hours. Tonight I downloaded Lone Echo and was very nauseated after about 45 minutes of play (most games that induce motion sickness effect me within the first 5 minutes, this took a little longer). Despite having the same mechanics, if you are sensitive to motion sickness, Lone Echo is not as easy on the tum tum as Echo Arena. It was a beautiful game, no complaints there, but developers are going to have to provide a pack of gravol with purchase. 

haneybd87
Protege

This game is stunning. Only problem I am getting is if I stick everything up to high I get a low memory error and the game will crash after a few mins. Strange as I have 16 gig of ram and a GTX 1070. Anyone else had any problems ??

Could be low VRAM memory, the memory on your video card. How much does a 1070 have?

MowTin said:

How do you recenter your view?

Wait for a loading screen and then face the direction you want to face. Other than that you could use the right stick to do it and you can also hit the Oculus button and hit "recenter view in app."
| Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming | Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard | 32gb Ripjaws V 2800mhz RAM | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD |

grant666uk
Explorer

haneybd87 said:

This game is stunning. Only problem I am getting is if I stick everything up to high I get a low memory error and the game will crash after a few mins. Strange as I have 16 gig of ram and a GTX 1070. Anyone else had any problems ??

Could be low VRAM memory, the memory on your video card. How much does a 1070 have?

MowTin said:

How do you recenter your view?

Wait for a loading screen and then face the direction you want to face. Other than that you could use the right stick to do it and you can also hit the Oculus button and hit "recenter view in app."

It was my page file. Was too small. This game seems to need tons of ram to run at ultra. Oh and the 1070 has 8 gig of ram. 

Tjames66
Explorer

falken76 said:

The game looks cool to me.  But I'm prone to motion sickness.  Adrift made me feel sick in less than a few minutes and I NEVER loaded it back up again.  Is Lone Echo going to be like this for me?  Do they have this game on steam?  I'd prefer to use a store that will allow me to return the game if I hate it or it makes me sick.  Hell they should at least let you gift it away, I'd give Adrift to anyone that wants it.

I too got motion sickness in Adrift, I have logged a couple hours in Lone Echo and I was fine.

tonyrobots
Honored Guest
@Arock387  I had the same issue with everything crapping out badly as soon as you went through the airlock to outside, and also had 8GB ram. Upgraded to 16GB and no problems at all now. What a game!

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
RAM amount is definitely unrelated as I have 16gb and experience these issues.

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
I only have 8 GB ram and a 970, but the game runs pretty smooth on mid to hiigh settings most of time.
Haven't had a single cash in my playthorugh.
Only thing I encountered  is some heavy load stuttering when exitng the airlock.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Heavy stuttering means it probably ALMOST crashed. This issue is tough as it is hard to reproduce and you may do one thing in a attempt to fix, and think you fixed it because the crash didn't happen, then it happens later.

I have changed swap file to Windows managed, changed it to a high amount, lowered game settings...nothing works and I stopped going " aha!" thinking I found the fix as it turns out it was just coincidental the crash didn't happen in the same spot, after I changed something.

I know these devs are new but you would think it'd be common sense to make a statement on this, apologize and say you're working on it. They have absolutely zero public presence.

haneybd87
Protege
I wonder if this is something we need to wait for new Nvidia drivers for. Shouldn't be far off, it's been a few weeks. 
| Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming | Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard | 32gb Ripjaws V 2800mhz RAM | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD |

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be a memory leak I have the same hardware.