www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1711938725528735/?locale=en_US

Trailer: 

- but I'm not going to watch it myself - often trailers spoil too much 😇

Some shots:

sc81ty.jpg

sc81u0.jpg

sc81u1.jpg

sc81tz.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

157 REPLIES 157

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jadax2 wrote:

Absolutely unbelievable. This game has the same stupid BUGSPLAT! errors all over it the first one did. Useless message which gives no troubleshooting hints whatsoever. This time I didn't get it as a 10 dollar deal, so I'm going after a refund.

Yep that was my problem with the first one as well, it was horrible. Many error logs sent in without so much as a hint of a response. No way would I buy Lone Echo II now that this is being so broadly reported. I have had many VR games and a few with VR support added in , and Lone Echo was the only one that did this on my system.

pyroth309
Visionary

They're pretty active on the echo games discord. They just got back in from a post release break and are collecting and reviewing logs and such now. I imagine a patch in the near future.

I'm curious what's causing it because I've seen people crashing with the exact build I have and I never got a single crash and played 8+ hours one day. I also didn't have the close up texture streaming problem I see people complaining about. But I did on distant textures.

@pyroth309  I've visited their discord channel a couple of times and like most discord channels, I did not see anything very useful, just disjointed complaints and a few simple/silly fixes by the developer.  I doubt that I'll ever return there again.  Since fixing my win10 pagefile to the minimum recommended by win10, 4980mb in my case and 2x that as a max, 9960mb in my case, I've never had a single crash or any texture changes (close up or far away). 

I'm quickly nearing the end right now, probably about 1 hour gameplay to go.  It's been a fun ride and I like it even better than LE1, which I thought started to get a bit boring once I got ~75% through it.  Also. I think that LE2 is much nicer (visuals and gameplay) wireless with my Q2/rtx3090/Air Link than LE1 with my old wired Rift cv1/gtx1080ti.  I thought the Q2 lcd's would let me down compared to oled's but the Q2 does a remarkable job with LE2 (and  and other darkish games I used to only want to play with my cv1 like Wilson's Heart.

So, I recommend everyone except Don give LE2 a go, lol!

The Virtual Desktop discord channel has some good setup tips, but not really much more than what is on the Oculus support website link/air link pages.

https://support.oculus.com/airlink/

The VD discord is sooo funny.  If you dare mention anything good about Air Link everyone, including their mods tries to beat you up, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

pyroth309
Visionary

Well, I didn't say they were curing cancer in there. I just said they were pretty active and just returned from a break which was on monday. They've posted 12 times in the last 3 days in the Lone Echo 2 section and indicated that they are collecting logs and looking into issues now. Just passing along why there hasn't been any patch activity yet. They went on a break after release.

@pyroth309  ya, roger that mate.  I just hope I manage to finish LE2 before they put out a patch, lol!  Ye of little faith eh!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I really found it close to an appalling behavior with the total lack of info about Lone Echo 2 during the Facebook Connect 2021 - or PCVR for that matter (or do let me know if I missed a presentation covering the game and/or PCVR). Not one word from Carmack or Zuckerberg. Quest 2 users use tons of PCVR games as the Steam Hardware Survey shows. And Lone Echo 2 is not just any game. 

I used to say that Alyx is the most impressive and immersive computer generated experience available on this planet - but now I think Lone Echo 2 won that title. 

Thus Lone Echo 2 is not just a game, but the greatest computer generated experience I can think of. Compared to Lone Echo 2, Quest versions of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Population One and Blade & Sorcery are dust. And I totally mean insignificant dust - these less than mediocre games deserve absolutely no attention compared to Lone Echo 2 - I can already feel my hypertension rising just thinking about it. 

Lone Echo 2, the fresh and newly released greatest game on the planet, getting no attention by its sponsors 2 weeks after the Lone Echo 2 launch is impossible to forgive - in my mind. Why Meta/Facebook/Oculus is trying to kill the VR king of content (= Lone Echo 2) is quite hard to understand as the game works perfectly with Quest 2. And Lone Echo 2 probably is the most expensive VR content ever created by Oculus - probably even more expensive than Asgard's Wrath. 

Btw, found a few more shots - to show some great moments:

20211024114659_1.JPG

I nearly captured the full planet here - and you can see the incredible amount of polygons/assets

20211028213606_1.JPG

Floating above the rings of Saturn never gets old - and beyond the horizon infinity stretches its wings...   

20211030002907_1.JPG

I feel I get out a lot - and I'm getting tons of bright sunlight too - in Lone Echo 2 🙂 Btw, this tram contains a sub-quest - and there are tons of sub quests in Lone Echo 2. Already played more than 16 hours, feels like I'm only 50% through the game

20211024010840_1.JPG

The cargo transporters simply look awesome - and you can grab onto one and ride it to new locations

20211028213624_1.JPG

A shot showing your legs. How many VR games can you count with this level of immersion? - Where you have a full body? With this level of ultramersion textures? Alyx only had hands! 

I do understand that many have issues with Lone Echo 2, I get crashes too, and you really need a RTX 3080 or better to enjoy the game - but that does not change the fact that the Lone Echo 2 experience massively transcends close to all other VR experiences - if your rig can handle the game.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Had a great time with the Rift CV1 ss 2.0 (High details) yesterday. Interestingly, there are details I don't notice with lcd, but with oled. Also Rift CV1 works better with lower res than lcd, because CV1 does not get very blurry when res decreases when using TAA.

Index still wins, also distant objects are easier to see with the higher res, and then there's fov and sound - but if some still use CV1 they are getting a different but not inferior experience.

Dakota_Bear
Honored Guest

Lone Echo 1 was very crashy for me, using a RTX 3080, and was a real test of patience to play to the end.  Great game though and worth the trouble.  I’m not too far into Lone Echo 2, but so far no crashes.  I have the graphics on high setting and it looks great with the Reverb G2.  But I’ll have to see how it holds up later in the game where the graphics seem to be more taxing.  Just glad that so far, it’s been playing very well. 

TheTonaZ
Expert Protege

i had a ridiculous problem... i moved the game from one drive to another (ofcourse using the built-in oculus feature) and i lost the savegames................. no words....... is there any kind soul that could zip his game files and share to me? I just took the automated tram ingame, so i suppose quite the beginning. but i do not want to start again all over.
Files are located in YOUR LONE ECHO INSTALLATION > Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo-2\_local\saves\slot1 
Thanks a lot for any help.

Check earlier posts in this thread, maybe from last week, there's a link to a 500MB package with savegames through the entire game. 

EDIT: found it for you 🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z56du6vcoi0vdyz/AABYNjjIbSgm9XgcMT_Dt98aa?dl=0