www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1711938725528735/?locale=en_US

Trailer: 

- but I'm not going to watch it myself - often trailers spoil too much 😇

Some shots:

sc81ty.jpg

sc81u0.jpg

sc81u1.jpg

sc81tz.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

157 REPLIES 157

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Forgot a few things - I'm not done complaining about reviewers I strongly disagree with 😇

Let's take the puzzles - RoadToVR wrote:

"There’s rarely any consequence for dying, the puzzles are never challenging enough to give you a “eureka!” moment, and the game’s single enemy feels more like a nuisance than a threat."

Source: https://www.roadtovr.com/lone-echo-2-review-oculus-rift-quest/

Fun thing, same reviewer enjoyed the much dumber and more repetitive puzzles in Alyx, lol. 

I think the problem is, like I wrote in my last post, this reviewer never played the large amount of subquests. I've had a few Eureka moments already. Sometimes I just overlooked things, but one puzzle took me a long time to solve - and some are just very difficult involving many ticks and frequent dying (so you have to start all over again). When you do the subquests, their level of difficulty differs greatly. Some are even close to insanely hard to complete, to the point were some persons have been complaining on Reddit that such hard subquests should not have been included in the game. Dying has great consequence, might cause you to start all over in a difficult subquest - and not completing subquests means you will miss out on many upgrades. When you complete subquests, you get to upgrade more or less all your equipement - like being able to reach more distant objects with your force-field etc - thus making the game easier. Some subquests may not really be solvable before you've upgraded your trusters or other equipment. If a subquest is too hard, try doing other subquests first and come back later. Now, RoadToVR didn't mention that, did they now... 😉

Again, reviewers hurrying through the game constantly going for the main quests have no clue about the puzzles in Lone Echo 2, sadly. Many subquests are much harder than puzzles in Alyx, and some are similar. Puzzles in the main quest pathway are often very easy to solve - you have to go looking for the hard ones. 

Feels like there're several reviewers doing a lot of harm to the game by writing statements which simply aren't true if you take the time to fully discover the game. 2c. I'm done ranting .. for now 😇 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

@RuneSR2 wrote:

It's really a gigantic game when doing all the subquests - I'm already at 16 hours, might easily be 24 hours before I'm done. Lone Echo took me about 10 hours including all the subquests (and for those thinking I'm slow - did you find all the 30+ CubeSats - with no help?). 

I finished LE2 in 17 hours. That's with all upgrades (pretty sure got all of them, I have the unlimited thrusters, triple stun gun, etc). Although I didn't do the relay tower linking thing, that was just irritating. Apparently there's a small vehicle thing you can find to make that easier, but I didn't notice it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

"Although I didn't do the relay tower linking thing, that was just irritating."

That one is giving me some headache too, lol - that subquest was the one many have complained about. I'm saving it ... for now 😁 

Right now, looking into my orbuculum, I can see my own future - it seems I'm exploring everything trying to find "a small vehicle thing" 😎

But no crashes in the game? Just got a message from a dude on Reddit, don't know him, but he wrote that he had just begun playing the game on his rig with a 3090 and he can't get more than 10 min before it crashes. Really hope devs find out what's wrong and are able to fix it. I have not oc'ed anything in my rig - well, Asus did that for me, but I'm running all hardware as specified by the producers. 

The vehicle thing is apparently like one of those underwater minisub things. Like the SeaGlide in Subnautica. I just watched a video on it, it was in Lone Echo 1 too. (Didn't find it either time) It's called the Extreme Drifter.

Sadly the video spoiled the location. I think. I've been right where they said it was, I didn't notice a bright red jet engine thing. I'll go take a look at some point.

@RuneSR2 wrote:

But no crashes in the game?

In the 17 hours I've had 1 crash, but it was while quitting the game so it didn't bother me. My 2080TI handled it fine. I think the only bug I encountered was the tram car subquest, which I completed before I had the triple stun gun (used the double stun gun and the laser thing then flung myself through the hole before the web reappeared), so it never completed even though I did everything.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pyroth309
Visionary

Once I got the unlimited thrusters, I found the antenna linking pretty trivial.

Still working on that, did get caught up in a Tempestfall dungeon or two, lol. I'll definitely wait for full thruster upgrade or that vehicle thing before starting this subquest.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I do get the feeling that Lone Echo 2 was rushed for release - many are still experiencing severe crashes. Reviews have come to a stand-still in the Oculus Store - only 340 reviews. These reviews were posted within the last week:

"Completely unstable, constant crashing,

This game has become unplayable. I have reset any overclocks, shut down any other monitoring programs, stopped geforce, no oculus debug overclock, etc ..... updated to the latest update. Having played Lone echo without crashes and Medal of honor, there is a significant problem with this game. Playing on a RIFT S with a evga ftw 3080, i9-900k, 16gb ram, more than enough for this game. UPDATE uninstalled and reinstalled. LOST ALL PROGRESS..... Im done buying VR"

"Chrash fest, unplayable

For me this game is just a massive crash fest. When it runs (which is rarely for > 10m) it is superb. I have a 10900k and a RTX 3090 and it runs amazing on highest details, but it just crashes so often it completely ruins it. This is the ONLY vr game I have issues with, HL Alyx no problem, DCS no problem etc etc. Please fix!"

"Great story, disappointing optimisation
Having played the first Lone Echo and loved it, I bought LE2 thinking it's the same engine so will run exactly the same. I have to admit, I was wrong. So very wrong. LE2 runs spelling on my system (i7 10750, RTX 2060, 16gb ram), unlike the first which ran fantastically and looked beautiful. LE2 had to be low everything and even then it crashes with regularity.
I really wanted to love this game, but with everything set to low it looks like something the dog had dragged in.
If there is an optimisation patch that impetus this, I will review my score here but until then it has to be a low score from me. So disappointed :("

I've stopped playing the game for now - hoping for another patch. I actually can play for 30 - 60 minutes, but constantly being worried about reaching the next save point before the inevitable crash is getting to me. Also I'm not in a rush, it's not like there's anything better arriving soon - even if Hitman 3 might be awesome. 

Got through all this within ~12 hours game play so I think I got my $'s worth.  Pity that Oculus did not go out of pcvr with something better imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

This the last game I wanted to purchase for PC before the app broke :(. So many awesome originals that could have had sequels with great teams. I really wish Oculus would reconsider their PC strategy. 

Hey Shogunmn, we appreciate you voicing this. We're here to help with any issues you may be having with the app. Can you go into some detail on what's occurring? Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!