cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone echo crashing randomly and crashing when loading saves

starpilot149
Explorer
For all practical purposes, I'm unable to play the single player game. I initially played through the first hour with only a couple crashes, but then the game started consistently crashing right as the airlock depressurized on the first EVA portion. Loading the last save, I tried it again, then again with lower settings, and after that, Lone Echo would promptly crash to Oculus Home while trying to load any of my saved game on that file.

Started a new game, but can barely get through the first 5 minutes now without persistent crashing. Also worth noting is that the OculusVR process is often using upwards of 1.3GB RAM during these times. A bit more than it should be. The Oculus home desktop menu was flickering black as well.

Specs:

i7 4790k
GTX 970
16GB RAM

Let me know if you have any ideas or work-arounds. I believe others are having similar problems with Lone Echo. I hope some sort of patch is released promptly.
13 REPLIES 13

starpilot149
Explorer
went into the program files and deleted all saves except the latest one, it successfully loaded the save, and lasted a few more seconds into the depressurization part, but then crashed. Task manager showed 5GB RAM usage by the LoneEcho process when I looked. So is this a confirmed memory leak?

Stinkys
Honored Guest
Oh boy, I'm getting a lot of crashes also. Seems to be particularly bad in airlocks or when there is a lot of action on screen. It's extremely jarring and is really ruining the amazing experience that I am having with the game.

i7-4790, 16GB, SSD, Strix 1080. Have also noticed that OculusVR.exe is soaking up 4GB (and climbing) of memory on exit.

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
Try minimizing the mirror image on the monitor for the game if its there.

starpilot149
Explorer
It looks like a patch was just released last night. Reinstalling the game now. I'll try your suggestions!

Thanks,

stevensred5
Explorer
Same random crashes here, never had anything crash as often as this before, i5-7600k GTX1080 & 32gig, AWSOME game though

starpilot149
Explorer
Started a new game, it crashed while loading the communications module. The patch notes said that was fixed.. not sure what to do anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ryzen 1500X, GTX 1070 overclocked. 16 Gigs of ram. I made a separate post about this same issue. Great Game. Unplayable though because of instability.

My original post
 https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/55263/lone-echo-game-breaking-bug#latest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update: Not a crash since changing the size of the page file. It would seem that this could've been the answer problem, however it may not work for all.

For now the stability of the game has improved. 

ronadero
Honored Guest
Crashing after playing the game for 3hrs. Now get the Bug Splat error. How do I fix that? How can I redownload the game? I'm in the revolving cutters section and it it crashed after several attempts to get through the slicers! HELP!