cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive performance drop after the newest update in Lone Echo

f00bar
Explorer
Everything was fine yesterday. I completed most of this game with good performance and suddenly I'm getting 16 fps today. Doesn't matter if i change the settings to minimum or maximum, the framerate is the same god damn 16-18 fps. I checked other games and they're fine, it's only lone echo that's causing issues. My setup is i5 4690k , 1080Ti, 16GB ram running WIN10. I didn't change anything in my PC since yesterday, the only variable i know of is the game update. Yes i tried rebooting
11 REPLIES 11

Roaster
Rising Star
I played a lot tonight and had no problems.  EMP from the anomaly must have fried your ram.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Chapaev
Explorer
Same problem. All was fine up to the crew quarters area, then sudden performance drop to unplayable levels. Setting all graphics to low, tuning down resolution etc have zero effect. 4790K, 1080ti, Win10 64, 16GB, SSD.

f00bar
Explorer

Chapaev said:

Same problem. All was fine up to the crew quarters area, then sudden performance drop to unplayable levels. Setting all graphics to low, tuning down resolution etc have zero effect. 4790K, 1080ti, Win10 64, 16GB, SSD.

Oculus support told me to reinstall the game, but that's exactly the thing i wanted to avoid. I'll try it later and we'll see if it helps.

Chapaev
Explorer
Isn't it supposed to delete saves? I don't fancy the idea of replaying it for another 3 hours. And that may be generic support answer akeen to reboot, Oculus support love pouring such in quantity before giving the problem even slightest bit of thought.

Chapaev
Explorer
I solved that by reloading older save.

f00bar
Explorer

Chapaev said:

I solved that by reloading older save.

Oh, that's great. How did you do that?

Chapaev
Explorer
There is a load option besides continue. Loaded previous save, half an hour back from last one, everything suddenly became fine. Played through to the point where performance crashed - nothing happened, all is well now.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Chapaev said:

There is a load option besides continue. Loaded previous save, half an hour back from last one, everything suddenly became fine. Played through to the point where performance crashed - nothing happened, all is well now.

I never realized that there were multiple save points that we could load--I figured that choosing Load instead of Continue would allow us to load the latest save from a different save slot like a lot of games do. Good to know. I started a new game so I could go back and explore some of the early areas again.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

f00bar
Explorer

Chapaev said:

Thanks a lot for this info. I will try this tomorrow and report back.