cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond coming to Quest 2!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
22 REPLIES 22

nalex66
MVP
MVP

It looks like this will be the second Quest 2 exclusive (or maybe first--don't know the release date). Install size is around 40 to 45 GB, so people with the 64 GB Quest 2 may have to clear their libraries to run this. It's mostly the full game--single-player campaign, multiplayer (not crossplay with PC), and all the gallery video content. The main thing missing is the museum area, where you can go to look at vehicle models and stuff. Price will be around $40, no word on whether it will support cross-buy.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Nice! Another game I can enjoy with family and friends who only have Stand-Alone 😁

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Cross-buy (between Rift and Quest stores, obviously) has been confirmed. I probably wouldn't have bought it again, but I'll definitely install it on my Quest 2 if I'm getting that version for free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting, I wonder how much different the graphics will be versus the PC version.

Shame they did not include cross play for Multiplayer. I bet lot of PC-VR users with the game would have loved that. Plus many that did not get the game through the Oculus store.

I believe the trailer I posted above is the Quest version, so I'd say it looks pretty good. Dynamic shadows and lighting are obviously simplified, and some level geometry was reduced (stuff like rubble, piles of crates, etc.), but the character models look decent, and overall the game looks pretty comparable to the PC version (although the difference will probably be more apparent in-headset).

The devs commented that it was hard enough getting MP working at all on Quest, let alone cross-play. Personally, I never tried the MP component of the game on PC--I figured I might after completing the SP campaign, but I got bogged down at a difficult point in the final mission, and I haven't gone back and finished it yet. Maybe I'll try MP on Quest, as there will probably be a larger pool of players there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nalex66 wrote:

I believe the trailer I posted above is the Quest version, so I'd say it looks pretty good. Dynamic shadows and lighting are obviously simplified, and some level geometry was reduced (stuff like rubble, piles of crates, etc.), but the character models look decent, and overall the game looks pretty comparable to the PC version (although the difference will probably be more apparent in-headset).

The devs commented that it was hard enough getting MP working at all on Quest, let alone cross-play. Personally, I never tried the MP component of the game on PC--I figured I might after completing the SP campaign, but I got bogged down at a difficult point in the final mission, and I haven't gone back and finished it yet. Maybe I'll try MP on Quest, as there will probably be a larger pool of players there.

Yeah definitely finish that final mission it has a great ending imho.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

The release date has been announced: November 15th. One week!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

The game is out now.

Reviews should be coming soon. The Quest trailer looks great, but I'll be interested to see how it runs and looks in the headset. I already added it to my library (Crossbuy for the win!), and I'll install it and check it out tonight.

I haven't had a chance to watch many videos, but here's some actual gameplay:

BernhardDoerfling
Honored Guest

Have the game crossplay with the steam version? Sorry for my bad english an thanks for all answers.