cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft is Now Available on Rift with Cross-Platform Play

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
tsdew6adgpym.jpg

Minecraft is now available on Rift! Read about it all here: https://www.oculus.com/blog/minecraft-is-now-available-on-rift-with-cross-platform-play/

Have fun and let us know what you think of the experience!

146 REPLIES 146

BAADC0DE
Honored Guest
That was the same problem with mine.  A bad vorbis.acm codec which was reported in the windows event viewer every time Minecraft crashed.  Renaming it solved the problem.   I do have FL Studio as well.

blanes
Rising Star
@barantula ~ thanks man I really had no clue and thought I had to catch and eat the cow or sheep so I was looking for a pig .... not really my cup o' tea but interesting to see what all the fuss has been about !  😉

spaghettimonste
Sightseer
after playing it for ten minutes rolled back the entire system.
Hate Microsoft for just turning my PC into a console.
and that with Minecraft a game from a guy who didn't like the monopoly position of steam.
shameful behaviour....
again not good for Oculus reputation.

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer

after playing it for ten minutes rolled back the entire system.
Hate Microsoft for just turning my PC into a console.
and that with Minecraft a game from a guy who didn't like the monopoly position of steam.
shameful behaviour....
again not good for Oculus reputation.

The only thing that console have over pc is the "simplicity" of use, turn on/play   Stop playing/turn off  
Having that on pc is all but bad. Obviously leaving away the rest.
What i don't like is that as far as i understand i have to buy the vr version, i only have a 90 minutes demo... barely enough for a video, not quite for play with friends

EDIT:
Also, no mods? sad... really sad...

I've just had my first long session on this and omg this is exactly what Minecraft should have been all along - this really is being inside a massive, massive world - love it!  Looks beautiful.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

pugz4life said:

My issue is that I can launch the game, but once in it says to please click, or press any button on your controller to continue.  The only button on my controller that responds is the xbox button which will allow me to exit the game.  The controller is working fine in oculus home, the mountain goat game, and luckys tale which are the only 2 games I have that require a controller (sad I know).  I've tried pulling the batteries out and pairing again.  I disabled the adapter and reenabled from device manager (from another post that made it so i could use the goat game).  I've checked for window updates.  I've checked for minecraft updates in windows store.  I dont have a micro USB cable and feel I shouldnt have to go out and buy one.  Anyone else having the same deal?

@pugz4life

FrozenPea said:
I had this happen as well but I seemed to of fixed it by press the xbox (OH) button, re-connect the controller and spammed the buttons and it worked 😛 

Think the word 'beta' is very applicable here, I guess they haven't done tons of QA.

Apart from the slight hiccup I got it working and man is it awesome! Been playing on and off since the alpha and playing in VR adds so much more to it, although I noticed straight away it does change your play style, I was less interested in creative mode and more interested in being at ground level and building up my house etc. Sense of scale still gets me! Think I'm definitely set till Touch release with this D
 s 

Hmmm... it was late and i didn't try much.  I tried with a wireless 360 controller (my main controller with Rift) and a wired One controller.  I'll spam it to death tonight - it sounds so good!

EDIT:

Mine is now working.  I went on the day after this, pressed buttons, didn't work, took off the Rift and looked at the monitor and lo-and-behold, noticed that it had gone on to the next screen.  I now have no problems at all.

pugz4life
Honored Guest
@ andyring   
I will go check it out and see if I can't get it going. Don't have a lot of faith though. Did you do anything in paticular or did you just spam buttons.  Do both controllers work for you? 

pugz4life said:

@ andyring   
I will go check it out and see if I can't get it going. Don't have a lot of faith though. Did you do anything in paticular or did you just spam buttons.  Do both controllers work for you? 

@pugz4life 

Hmmm... i very nearly said they both work fine but just checked.  Only my wired One controller will start Minecraft.  If i then press the Xbox button only my wireless 360 controller works in that screen.

I had turned my wireless 360 controller on before starting Minecraft in the above test - rebooting PC now to check again - this just can't be right?

OK well it looks like only the Xbox One controller works for me on Minecraft, which is fine.  Hope you get it working pugz4life.  Let us know.

janherca
Explorer
Supeer dissapointed with this game. I purchased Minecraft a year ago. Now it seems that my redeem code from Mojang web should work to redeem the game inside Oculus Home and Windows 10, but they don't work. In the Xbox UI in W10 I do not see where to put the code. If I use Oculus settings app, the redeem code has an error but I do not know which one and asks me to purchase again. Two weeks emailing with Mojang and with Microsoft. The first asking me to contact Microsoft, the second to contact Mojang, and in the meantime I only can play just 90 min. 

Minecraft is ended for me in VR.

It is unacceptable for a user to have this kind of problems once and again in every single game that you purchased elsewhere. Project Cars give me the same problems with Bandai Namco and still I am not able to play this purchased game in Oculus Home inside Steam.

Oculus should do better job making this super easy for users to work with game studios to integrate systems to produce and consume redeem codes in a better way. Otherwise this is going to be a nightmare for users.