cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minecrift DK2 compatible since 01 Sept 2014

Simpanra
Level 2
As Titled, Minecrift now supports DK2 since the 1st of September, website link below;
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=17489&p=124997#p124997

It works great though I do feel a little short in stature and I feel very very very slightly cross-eyed over time, however there is no chromatic aberation to speak of on my end, and with the world generating at +16 far distance and everything on best quality (no 256x256 textures just yet but will keep up to date) it looks absolutely stunning! ๐Ÿ˜„

Enjoy and sorry if this has already been posted!
47 REPLIES 47

MoonieGT
Level 2
I'm having issues with this as well. I want it to work SOOOOO badly.

I updated the runtime to 0.4.1, I did a fresh install of MC 1.7.10, I installed the minecrift exe. Tracking works fine in the startup menu, but when I launch the game it is basically frozen with some very erratice mouse behavior. If I go into the crafting menu or the game menu, head tracking works again and I can look around (but with the menu up). If someone can help me get this working I would be eternally grateful... oh, and like the previous poster, I have to set the rift to my primary monitor and then drag the window over to get it on the rift screen as well.

raidx
Level 3
hoouuuu I like Minecrift!!

GodzillaMustDie
Level 2
I get judder but not unplayable. Already had a setting for this in Xpadder so that helped. Movement speeds are too fast to be enjoyable (could cause nausea). Don't recall ever seeing a setting to adjust movement speed. 3D depth and scale really make this a better game. Notch could breath some new life into this things dead corpse if he would get over his "Facebook creeps me out" thing. All in all a good job porting it but the movement speed is a killer for me.

TomSD
Level 2
This works great!

Guys, for things that require extended mode like this, generally you want to set the Rift as your primary display before you launch whatever it is you want to play. Then it will start on the Rift and actually work properly. Note that you will have to press F11 in Minecrift to make it go fullscreen.
i7-4770K, 2x GTX 780 SLI, Windows 7 64-bit, Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0

Simpanra
Level 2
"TomSD" wrote:
This works great!

Guys, for things that require extended mode like this, generally you want to set the Rift as your primary display before you launch whatever it is you want to play. Then it will start on the Rift and actually work properly. Note that you will have to press F11 in Minecrift to make it go fullscreen.

Just to add to this, by setting the rift to primary display and launching it this way, you can also avoid pressing F11 by going into the edit profile button on the launcher and setting the game to run at fullscreen automatically ๐Ÿ˜„

ryanyth
Level 2
Very happy that minecrift 1.7.10 works beautifully on my dk2.
If anyone is having any issues, remember to remove any texture packs or mods that you have.

Its absolutely insane to enjoy Minecraft in VR and for those
who have not tried it, IT IS as cool as you'd imagine it to be.
Man those dark tunnels are REALLY SCARY now!

Such a pity Notch hates the Oculus Rift and will never provide official support ๐Ÿ˜ž
We can only pin our hopes on Minecrift now.

tiko257
Level 2
the only problem that i have is that night time is like day time with dark sky ... running smooth on i7 2600, amd hd7950

roocell
Level 2
i'm having a little trouble.
the instructions say

Navigate to the 'Local Version Editor (NYI)' tab.
- Click on the minecrift-1.7.10-xxxx entry depending on the downloaded version (e.g. minecrift-1.7.10-PRE3)

but my launcher doesnt have this tab (just bought and downloaded mincraft)
what do i do ? try to find an older launcher ?

roocell
Level 2
nevermind - figured it out.
the newer minecraft lauchers dont have the "Local Version Editor" tab.
instead you edit your profile and choose the 1.7.10 VR version.

EmanueleCiriach
Level 2
Doesn't work for me - apparently, the installer is unable to reach Optifine's website, which is down. Couldn't the appropriate Optifine release be bundled with the installer?
DK2 and Gear VR owner.