cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecrift DK2 compatible since 01 Sept 2014

Simpanra
Honored Guest
As Titled, Minecrift now supports DK2 since the 1st of September, website link below;
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=17489&p=124997#p124997

It works great though I do feel a little short in stature and I feel very very very slightly cross-eyed over time, however there is no chromatic aberation to speak of on my end, and with the world generating at +16 far distance and everything on best quality (no 256x256 textures just yet but will keep up to date) it looks absolutely stunning! 😄

Enjoy and sorry if this has already been posted!
47 REPLIES 47

obzen
Expert Protege
Cool. Minecrift is the bomb.
DK1 FREAK...

Superdeluxo
Explorer
Yea, I tried it with Life HD texture pack and stuck the render scale setting up, looked amazing. Just waiting for a forge compatible release to play as I need easy craft or something similar.

molton
Explorer
I couldn't get it to go fullscreen, but positioning the windowed view worked ok. I was in that for a while, it's probably not a coincidence that notch said he's cool with the Oculus Rift and now we get minecrift of the latest minecraft build. I could never go to my old server in minecrift before because minecrift was too out of date, that was awesome. Got to see my old creations in VR 🙂

bonega
Honored Guest
"molton" wrote:
it's probably not a coincidence that notch said he's cool with the Oculus Rift and now we get minecrift of the latest minecraft build.

It is a coincidence, it is all thanks to the Minecrift team(?).

kingzope
Protege
Looks like 1.8 just released

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Minecraft-Patch-1-8-quot-The-Bountiful-Update-quot-Is-Now-Live-457356...

My frame rates were pretty bad with the 1.7.10 prerelease. Hopefully they'll be better soon lol.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

Simpanra
Honored Guest
"kingzope" wrote:
Looks like 1.8 just released

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Minecraft-Patch-1-8-quot-The-Bountiful-Update-quot-Is-Now-Live-457356...

My frame rates were pretty bad with the 1.7.10 prerelease. Hopefully they'll be better soon lol.

Though this is cool, sadly it isn't supported by Minecrift at this point in time. 😞

kingzope
Protege
Anyone able to get minecraft running at a solid 75fps? I started out at an average of 35fps which was pretty bad. So I dropped everything to test and got around 130fps. I couldn't find any option for vsync which I'm assuming we would need.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

Simpanra
Honored Guest
"kingzope" wrote:
Anyone able to get minecraft running at a solid 75fps? I started out at an average of 35fps which was pretty bad. So I dropped everything to test and got around 130fps. I couldn't find any option for vsync which I'm assuming we would need.

As soon as I got it running on my DK2 it was running at a great speed, I have upped the distance to 16 - far and set all the details to "fancy" and it runs perfectly (so I am assuming I am getting 75fps), also when I go into VR settings or Video settings, cant recall which, it shows VSYNC is on and cannot be changed 😄

RageGoblin
Honored Guest
Couldn't get this to work. I have a lot of weird mouse issues when attempting to enter a world. I can only move it about halfway across the screen before it hits some sort of wall. Similar issues hitting buttons on the very button. When I get lucky enough to navigate the menus to enter a world, it typically crashes.

A lot of the issue is probably related to it launching on my main monitor and then my having to drag the window over to the right to where it thinks the Rift lives. I have this issue with a lot of things, with some success and some failure.