cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msfs 2020 vr coming 23rd dec

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder what the minimum spec will be for MS FS 2020 in VR which arrives via update patch 23rd Dec. I have a i7 7700k and gtx 1080 and can play it on high settings, not ultra. Tried it with vorpx, would only work on low settings.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
In general, I find that if you want 45fps in VR (which seems to work fine with flight sims like X Plane 11) then you need to adjust/lower your 2D settings at 1080p until you get at least 80-90fps.  Also, avoid super sampling initially and add it later if you still have fps to spare.  I suspect that msfs2020 VR is going to need pretty high specs, esp. with high settings. 

I'm holding off buying this for now until I see how VR plays out.  VR has kinda spoiled me and I can no longer stand playing any flight/racing sims flat-screen.

Nice to hear that MS is now going to release it for all major PCVR headsets.  Originally they were only going to start off with the HP Reverb G2.  This must have annoyed a few guys who may have recently bought/preordered a G2 because of this.  Maybe MS is having similar problems binding the G2 controllers that xp11 is currently going though?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

We'll have plenty of answers to performance questions next week.

Frustratingly, I have a Honeycomb throttle quadrant on order, which was due to be delivered the day after the VR update but that's now delayed (again), with no estimated delivery date given 😞

Hopefully VR will make up for the disappointment, fingers crossed it doesn't bring my PC to its knees.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Yes, that is what I meant.  Thank you.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Thanks @Zunfix That is what I ment.

11 REPLIES 11

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
In general, I find that if you want 45fps in VR (which seems to work fine with flight sims like X Plane 11) then you need to adjust/lower your 2D settings at 1080p until you get at least 80-90fps.  Also, avoid super sampling initially and add it later if you still have fps to spare.  I suspect that msfs2020 VR is going to need pretty high specs, esp. with high settings. 

I'm holding off buying this for now until I see how VR plays out.  VR has kinda spoiled me and I can no longer stand playing any flight/racing sims flat-screen.

Nice to hear that MS is now going to release it for all major PCVR headsets.  Originally they were only going to start off with the HP Reverb G2.  This must have annoyed a few guys who may have recently bought/preordered a G2 because of this.  Maybe MS is having similar problems binding the G2 controllers that xp11 is currently going though?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

We'll have plenty of answers to performance questions next week.

Frustratingly, I have a Honeycomb throttle quadrant on order, which was due to be delivered the day after the VR update but that's now delayed (again), with no estimated delivery date given 😞

Hopefully VR will make up for the disappointment, fingers crossed it doesn't bring my PC to its knees.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I hope they have the bugs fixed like download loops.  It keeps me from trying it out in desktop mode.  It is on my steam wish list but it is a wait and see item. As I have no problems with X plane and still enjoy it.

DTH said:

I hope they have the bugs fixed like download loops.  It keeps me from trying it out in desktop mode.  It is on my steam wish list but it is a wait and see item. As I have no problems with X plane and still enjoy it.

There have been a few big updates that include fixes for installation and crash issues, and it seems very few people have problems now. I haven't had any issue since the start except for autopilot and some swaying motions which have also been sorted out.

Looking forward to the UK update next month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

In general, I find that if you want 45fps in VR (which seems to work fine with flight sims like X Plane 11) then you need to adjust/lower your 2D settings at 1080p until you get at least 80-90fps. 

This is interesting, will try it to see what gives.

DTH said:

I bought it about 10 days ago from steam and had problems downloading it. The download failed maybe 5 or 6 times, the download rate would sink to 0.00Mbps and stay there. I restarted from 0GB's several times but then after considering giving up i realized that if i selected Pause download before restarting the download process, it would continue the download from where it had failed, instead of the beginning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
update: vr now available as from today (tue 22nd), 1st impressions, not bad, bit rough around the edges (ie juddery at times), changing settings between high medium and low didn't seem to do much. the rift s's resolution i fear is just not good enough to see the runway at a distance clearly nor the dials, i hope someone will make a work around so it can be played with my quest 2 with its better resolution, otherwise a HP reverb is on the shopping list.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Any problems with the download or install?  Which one of the three did you get?

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problems with the 13gb download. Not sure what u mean which 1 of the 3? I have the most expensive version.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Yes, that is what I meant.  Thank you.