cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplayer VrJam Game Tonight :)

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Hi guys,

I don't know how many of you are checking the VR Jam threads. Our game is a multiplayer Medusa vs Soldiers game called "Gorgon". We have been asked to set up some times to play since people are having trouble getting others online at the same time. The first will be tonight 7:30 PST.

http://www.emeraldactivities.com/Gorgon.zip

This is from my other half (Booradley), the Oculus is hooked up on his machine:
If you don't see any rooms just create one so someone else can join you. Each game requires a minimum of 2 people and people can drop in/out mid match.

If you have connection issues you may not be able to host rooms due to your router settings. You can try allowing the .exe through your firewall and port forwarding port 25000 on your router.

If you would like to chat with us while we play just add chaklapak on skype.

Hopefully we'll see some of you guys tonight!

Some advice for the soldiers: Don't "look" for the gorgon. If you so much as glance at her as a soldier, then you are stone. Try to use your the reflection in your sheild to "peek". She can also shoot you with arrows, so keep that in mind 😛

Advice for the gorgon: Don't let soldiers get close, they chop off your head and the round ends. Also, check out your snake hair and your shadow, they are super fun! 😉

We know the game needs balance adjustments, UI improvements, scoreboards, better feedback, etc... if you all enjoy the game then we will try to polish it and improve it. You can leave suggestions here, on twitter @EmeraldEmpire, or in our game jam thread viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3383

Hope to see some of you soon!
5 REPLIES 5

Punkerella
Honored Guest
The game is on right now, we have 3 people in the room... come join us! Its fun 😉

Gateshot
Explorer
Guess I missed the party :cry: . So is it possible to play without other players? Because after I made a room I couldn't get passed the class select screen, it just said waiting for others at the bottom.

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Awww, sorry 😞

We want to put in a single player mode but we just didn't have time during the jam. If you can let me know some times that might work for you, we would be happy to meet you online to play 🙂

Gateshot
Explorer
Its cool, I can wait for the release. Environment looks nice, good work.

Punkerella
Honored Guest
The current version is "released", it is just a matter of timing. There are not too many people on at once and it won't let you in without another player. If you have another friend with an oculus rift, you can just ask them to open the game up at the same time as you.

We do have lots of plans (like single player, chatting between users, etc...) but I am not sure when the next version will be out. We really had to put our lives on hold to do that jam, lol. We can't really keep that up, so the next version will take a while 😉

Glad you like the environment, it was fun to make. I am looking forward to adding a little more to it at some point 😉