cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA`s Funhouse VR is free and pretty damn sweet!!!

nightauditor198
Adventurer
Just tried the app yesterday and wanted to come here to share my experience and recommend you guys to try it!

It is absolutely free and although you need a pretty beefy rig to run it, it has given me some sweet moment of presence! I also have seen animated hair that looks absolutely real for the first time and I shot my first bow and arrow in VR.

Good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtktJ86v5bI
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to get it to work with my 970, so was pretty happy with that! 🙂

I'm guessing that's all down to Oculus software magic!

g3kkorist
Explorer
Try it on AMD Fury . All games works very well but the watergun Clown balloon game dosnt work.

YoLolo69
Trustee
It could be fun I assume, but on my computer which can run pretty all games & Apps raised at max including Pixel density way up it's tons of jitters and low framerate. Last NV Drivers and GTX1080... Also don't like the unusual way they mapped Touch buttons. I always hit "Next Experience" when I want to grab an object.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

elboffor
Consultant

The only annoying thing is that this is now a 180' experience.

When I tested on the vive when it was first released it was full 360 (such as the balloon popping being all around you) other than that though, still bloody good fun.

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Thug
Heroic Explorer
Great fun and a hidden gem that not many have mentioned.
How do I choose which of the games I want to play?
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

nightauditor198
Adventurer

YoLolo69 said:

It could be fun I assume, but on my computer which can run pretty all games & Apps raised at max including Pixel density way up it's tons of jitters and low framerate. Last NV Drivers and GTX1080... Also don't like the unusual way they mapped Touch buttons. I always hit "Next Experience" when I want to grab an object.

Hmm, that is weird! I have no idea what the issue could be in that case.

I have to agree about the button placement thought, I hit "next experience" by mistake about 3 times!

nightauditor198
Adventurer

Thug said:

Great fun and a hidden gem that not many have mentioned.
How do I choose which of the games I want to play?

Good question!

From what I have seen there was no option to jump to a certain minigame, I think you have to skip through from the beginning. But as loading times were quite short that is not big deal.

Wildt
Consultant

YoLolo69 said:

Same here on a OC'ed 980ti.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Runs great on my GTX 1080 (EVGA SC) with settings cranked up.

I agree about the awkward controls, though, and it would be nice to be able to choose experiences rather than going through them one by one. The "Next Experience" button is way too prominent, it should be the menu button or something so you're not constantly hitting it accidentally.

At the end I think you can choose any of them to go back to. It would be nice if we got that same choice when restarting the app.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo