cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obduction User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
46 REPLIES 46

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Graphics arent anything special, there are 3d artifacts bordering on what almost seems like image retention, very poor performance, LOD loading stutter, vague puzzles, boring mine cart usage, node teleporting can be very annoying, forced snap turning. Maybe it needs to grow on me, ATM I give it 3 stars. Underwhelmed.

Traprock
Expert Protege
The snap turning isn't so bad but obviously would like free turning better.  The graphics are OK. I was expecting more based on industry reviews but in general they are just fine in both VR and desktop mode.  My only gripe so far is at the beginning you have no idea what direction you should be going. and the walk and run speed are painfully slow so venturing out to see if the solution to a puzzle can be a time sink especially if it doesn't pan out.  So far the puzzles haven't been particularly challenging yet, just a bit tedious.
I do like where the story is going and it really does feel like a Myst/Riven successor.  They captured that aspect real well.
I haven't experienced any bugs,any stuttering, or jutter as others have.  It's all been smooth as can be.
If you are a fan of these games, this will be everything you want.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I've invested a hefty amount of hours so far and as expected, I love the game. I made enough adjustments to the graphic settings to help remove any major judder issues. The experience has been highly enjoyable ever since.

The game starts off a bit slow in a very Myst sort of way. But once you begin to understand the story - how your character arrived, what dangers are present, what hope you have to survive - then things become exciting, and you realize that the entire environment is there waiting for you to bring it all to life.

I was going to wait until I beat the game to rate it, but I don't mind being premature in this case. I've read enough reviews prior to this VR release from fans of the adventure/puzzle genre, and of course fans of the Myst series; the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

I look forward to neglecting real life responsibilities as I hit the end-game of Obduction 😄

The only reason I'm not giving this a perfect 5 is due to some of the graphic issues. Once those are sorted out, this game deserves a perfect score, imo.

Gwiz84
Heroic Explorer
Nm

Bagnet
Expert Protege
Played it on flat screen when it hit steam rather than VR so review of regular game only. I got 3 hours in and was so bored my eyes fell out.

For the record, i loved Myst. I can see how this is a successor but it really didn't grab me.

Gave it 2 stars for the atmosphere but its not for me.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Downloading it now to give it a go..  

Bavinck1331
Protege
Just gave this a 5 star, ramping up the graphics to max on everything and turning on asw to get a smother experience really made it a lot better (I guess you need a 1080 to do so though?). Stepping out beneath the tree in the first area was amazing for me, found myself smiling out of surprise.
Before the free turning was introduced I would have only given it a 4 star however since an option was provided to allow for this I have enjoyed it just that little bit more
I have invested a lot of time in this game due to being a bit dull witted and not getting the clues instantly. That said, I haven't found myself getting annoyed or bored of it like I would have done on a 2d screen

Applecorp
Rising Star
The only VR game that runs like crap on my PC (i5 4690k, MSI GTX 980Ti) so it gets one star as I find it unplayable in it's current state. Also, it is pretty boring, the slow speed of that mine cart is ridiculous.

Bavinck1331
Protege
I am surprised that I didn't find the cart speed annoying. I agree that it is slow but I guess I am still in the stage of enjoying the visuals and the "atmosphere" of the game. Somehow having what seems to be a modified mine cart going much faster doesn't work for me.
That said, just my opinion and I can see where you are coming from