cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App for PC repeatedly gives "restart computer" error.

PrivatePattycak
Honored Guest
I recently got the Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas, and it's a cool experience, but several of the games I want to play are barred because the Oculus App on my PC(Alienware Laptop 15 R3) refuses to download.  It consistently brings up the same error in the logs(linked) about a specific file potentially containing "viruses or potentially unwanted software."  The specific file in question is 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX3\Win64\VS2015\APEX_Destructible_x64.dll'.  I've already tried running the program as an administrator, disabling both Windows Defender and the firewall, downloading it on another user w/admin, yet nothing seems to be working.  If anyone has more suggestions that could help, I would greatly appreciate it. 
5 REPLIES 5

LukeMcJones
Honored Guest
[Error] [12/27/2020 1:43:13 AM] Error opening file 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX3\Win64\VS2015\APEX_Destructible_x64.dll'.
Daybreak.Core.Io+IoException: Error opening file 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX3\Win64\VS2015\APEX_Destructible_x64.dll'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software

Yeah... from one of the last error messages I see, it certainly looks like disabling the anti-virus should probably have sorted it, but it hasn't worked. I'd open a support ticket I think.

PrivatePattycak
Honored Guest

[Error] [12/27/2020 1:43:13 AM] Error opening file 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX3\Win64\VS2015\APEX_Destructible_x64.dll'.
Daybreak.Core.Io+IoException: Error opening file 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX3\Win64\VS2015\APEX_Destructible_x64.dll'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software

Yeah... from one of the last error messages I see, it certainly looks like disabling the anti-virus should probably have sorted it, but it hasn't worked. I'd open a support ticket I think.

I've had a support ticket open since last Friday, they've been fairly slow to respond(which if they get lots of tickets around this time I can't entirely blame them but still).  All I've heard from them are some basic things to try, none of which actually worked.

mrpb5525
Honored Guest
LukeMcJones mentioned that privatepattycakes open a support ticket. I have a PC app problem... opened several support ticket, emailed support and not one answer! I bought the Quest 2 256 GB, works great. the problem is the PC app wont install!  I get the "working..." message. Sometimes a wait while a download (that takes way too long", downloads. I have installed on different drives, What, I must be  the only guy in the world with tyhis issue?

Rmac_01
Honored Guest
I have the same issue only it fails at the very end of installation suggesting I restart my computer and try again.  Since I have another ticket weeks old with no answer I see no reason to think they'll answer another.  I believe the problem is really that it wants to be ONLY on the C: drive while my gaming ssd is drive F:

Rmac_01
Honored Guest
Any useful ideas?