cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Titles Being Pulled

jokerOS_2008
Protege
I'm curious with Facebook pulling Oculus Rift Titles from people. How are they compensating people for this? People paid for these games. I know there are two major titles getting pulled that they have already advised people to delete from their headsets. Marvel Powers United was 60.00 if you pre-ordered and there is another AAA title being pulled that I own. Is this going to become the norm moving forward? You buy a game and you own it until Facebook says?
13 REPLIES 13

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Paid $40 for MPU, and got $40 refunded even after 2 years. Doesn't make much sense keeping the servers running when no one plays the game. If more persons supported PCVR, this probably would not have happened.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

jokerOS_2008
Protege
I'm glad you got $40 dollars back. Are they going to give that to everyone. They are also pulling Ripcoil. On the refund part supposedly they are only giving refunds if the games were bought recently. They are pulling Marvel Powers because the license is expiring and they are not going to renegotiate it. My point is still valid so now do we only own are games as long as the device owner says we do. This isnt even the publisher. So what game do they get to pull next? Again if was paying 5-10 dollars for these games that would be one thing. These were full priced games.

jokerOS_2008
Protege
So update supposedly they are still refunding for the following games: Marvel Powers, Ripcoil, and VR Sports Challenge I will provide another update once they actually issue the refund.

jokerOS_2008
Protege
Not sure if any other Sanzaru games are being pulled because the agent mentioned Sanzaru

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

rjnmd70 said:

Not sure if any other Sanzaru games are being pulled because the agent mentioned Sanzaru

Sanzaru also made Asgard's Wrath, I wouldn't worry about other Sanzaru games being pulled - at least no yet 😉

Getting back my $40 and getting 56GB free space was not a bad deal. I never liked MPU much, but the short prologue singleplayer part was great. Got Ripcoil for free with my CV1, again only played the tutorial as I am not into multiplayer games. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

jokerOS_2008
Protege
Sanzaru was exactly what he said and I thought about Asgard's Wrath Immediately. Marvel I'm sure was due to licensing fees. After telling me they were going to issue a refund they emailed me and instead said something about store credit, wouldn't tell me the amount and told me to check my account. Haven't checked it yet but have a feeling they are going to rip me on this because they didnt know how to work out the licensing properly for the characters. Think about I'm sure MS isnt paying Marvel for all the games they have over and over again.

jokerOS_2008
Protege
New one hold the train  now there saying there not sure what they are going to do after they told me to check my account for store credit and there was none there. Then when I stated that they said they were going to issue store credit and asked how to navigate to the ticket under the new website layout the support staff couldn't tell me how to navigate there.

jokerOS_2008
Protege
Yep thats typical Facebook fashion....they reversed course and gave me 9.99 store credit for 3 games.....guess Zuck spent too much money on the election in November....this is why everyone needs to jump off this sinking ship....think about if you are one of the people who refuse to use facebook....your device becomes a f&*king paperweight next year...f&*king garbage

jokerOS_2008
Protege
And no one can still tell me where to view your support tickets on the website.