cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payday 2 VR now live in main game

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Payday 2 VR is now out of the Beta branch and available as a free DLC from Steam Store.

It's free to all Payday 2 owners and works seamlessly cross platform with Oculus, vive and desktop players in mixed co-op.
So no need to purchase a new copy of the game. (Looking at you Bethesda).

They are still working on it but most of the main game is now playable in VR.
There are a couple of heists to be updated and the bows/xbows aren't yet usable but everything else works and these will be added soon.

Sniper rifles and all scopes are now working, LMG's, Rocket launchers, mini guns, Safe houses, story mode. It's all good to go!
Multiple movement option are there to suit all needs from dash teleport to free movement and a mix of both.

To install:
Opt out of the Beta from properties in your game library.
download the VR DLC from steam store and check the DLC box in your Library. Reboot pc. (it doesn't register if you don't).
You should now have two options under "play" in your library. Play on desktop or in SteamVR.

You'll also get the option to choose whether to use your original desktop save or your beta save if you progressed further in it. Choose carefully as you'll only get this choice once.

Enjoy B)
12 REPLIES 12

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I wish Bethesda's games treated vr vlc the same as this 😉
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
In the beta there was some weird turning option using touch buttons on each hand. Does anyone know if this has been addressed and can now smooth or snap turn using the thumbstick?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Bloodlet
Rising Star

In the beta there was some weird turning option using touch buttons on each hand. Does anyone know if this has been addressed and can now smooth or snap turn using the thumbstick?

There is snap turning on the touch buttons "A" on right hand turns to the right and "X" on the left turns left. These can be set to 45 or 90 degree snap turns.
The left thumb stick is directional movement, right stick is from using equipment, fire modes and throwables. Not sure if the key bindings can be changed yet.

I use a 360 set up so physically turn my body.

Luciferous
Consultant
I guess you could use Open VR again to remap the controls?

danknugz
Superstar
glad i grabbed this when it was free last year
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Luciferous
Consultant
I played this last night and it is really a great game and the VR implementation is good but with one big issue. Snap turning on buttons? What were they thinking. Right turns ok but trying to press the A button while moving with the left stick is terrible. 

danknugz
Superstar
yeah i came here to post essentially the same thing, tried t over the weekend and its pretty well done. I never really played this game so its fun doing it all fresh in VR. I barely got that far last night but a few things I think could be improved:

The face buttons for snap turning as you mentioned, all buttons should be remappable.

Whenever you bring up your pistol/gun, theres a huge 2d popup readout next to your wrist indicating ammo. Can you turn that off? immersion breaking.

As soon as you look ever so slightly down, the huge equipment selection floating 2d panels appear all around your waist and looks horrible. Why cant you just have your equipment on your actual body like in onward? another immersion breaker.

its well done and props for that, but definitely some head scratching decisions 
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Luciferous
Consultant
I didn't look into it further but I think you can modify the belt in the options but not sure to what extent. Also did you manage to turn off the teleport circle? Frustrating as it is so close to being an Awesome VR game.

danknugz
Superstar
i barely played, but i didnt see any options for the “belt” or the teleport circle, glad you mentioned that, thats annoying too