cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performnace drop in P3Dv3 with FlyInside

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I'd been using FI with P3Dv3 for a while now, with excellent results - have some vids on YT - even during recording, stutters were rare.

Then I 'upgraded' to Win 10 (and ASW came out) and suddenly it is extremely stuttery. It isn't quite slideshow yet, but not far off. This, using FTX scenery and mostly default settings.

tbh my scenery seems totally naff now, too - but that's a different issue.

Anyone else notice worse performance with Win 10 than 7?

*meanwhile, DCS World is running quite well now

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
2 REPLIES 2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Just an update on this - after a complete, clean install, I found that P3Dv3.4 actually ran quite well most of the time. Using FTX scenery, which had worked flawlessly in Win7 with negligible framerate loss, causes some impact on FPS, however, performance is so good that this has little effect.

D3DGear (video recording software) causes problems, though.

There are still stutters every now and then, very similar to those experienced in FSX, but they never last long. P3D does tend to crash when I use it with FlyInside, though - at some stage. What causes this is anyone's guess at the moment and I can't be bothered digging around to find out, tbh. Fed up of continually having to find the cause of faults since Win 10 was required with VR.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

ShoeHash
Protege

Brixmis said:

P3D does tend to crash when I use it with FlyInside, though - at some stage. What causes this is anyone's guess at the moment and I can't be bothered digging around to find out, tbh. Fed up of continually having to find the cause of faults since Win 10 was required with VR.

Have you considered the long standing memory leak present in FSX and P3D? As I understand lockheed made it better, but no one can remove it completely.