Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please sign for free locomotion

favanight
Protege
Just read about the upcoming games from GDC 2017:

- Arktika 1 : teleporting (Q3 2017)
- Killing floor incursion: teleporting (Q3 2017)
- Mage's tale: teleporting
- From other suns: teleporting

for me teleporting should be an option but not a must .....
128 REPLIES 128

Thane_
Heroic Explorer
Beyond me? You mean.....beyond....my.................powers? Right Gandalf?

thatdude90210
Protege
I was at 10% complete on my save in Robo Recall when the locomotion mod first come out. I'll be at 10% complete forever I think because I have no interest in going further. I'll only play with the locomotion mod from now on. I don't care about the scores. 

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
I simply don't get sick in VR and I feel free locomotion is the best immersive experience of course I would love most games to have this as an option. even smooth turning. I deal with teleport but yeah wish things were different

loregnum
Adventurer
Free locomotion makes me feel queasy but I am all for it being an option in games so people have the choice between it or teleporting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
 thatdude90210 said:

I was at 10% complete on my save in Robo Recall when the locomotion mod first come out. I'll be at 10% complete forever I think because I have no interest in going further. I'll only play with the locomotion mod from now on. I don't care about the scores. 

I understand the hype for locomotion and i am on that train too, but in my opinion RoboRecall was designed for teleport from ground up and i have a lot of fun with it , i fear arktika.1 is also designed to give the best experience for teleport gameplay, they should learn from RE7

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
I hate to say it but these game developers are just pandering to what the general public was complaining about last year. that free locomotion makes people sick. I feel like we did it to ourselves because the community didn't understand that you actually get used to it. Teleport isn't the worst thing on the face of the earth to deal with.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Signed

Redguard
Explorer
Signed. Teleportation is unacceptable if it's the only form of locomotion included. 

Traprock
Expert Protege
Signed.  Will never buy a teleport only game.

Javelin396
Adventurer
 i think the teleport mechanic works exceptionally well in Robo Recall compared to other teleport games for two reasons. First, it slows down time, before and a little after you teleport making it easy to get your bearings and decide if you need to teleport again to better position yourself, which you'll have to do particularly if you want to use the typical two sensor front facing setup. Second, its a score attack game that isnt about  just being able to survive against waves of enemies, (the penalty for dying is a reduction in score after respawn). The games enemies are unique and fun to kill but not challenging by any stretch. I mean lets face it, if your really not focused getting a high score, the game is super easy to complete ( seriously, missles and bullets SLOW DOWN as they approach you just so you can avoid and even catch/ throw them back), and the teleportation mechanic allows you to cheese basically everything even more since its instant,  slows down time, and has no cooldown so you can just spam it. Zipping around in slow mo mindlessly tearing apart enemies is still super satisfying. As far as those that find teleport systems frustrating, its a much easier pill to swallow in this game due to low risk of death due to the games focus on getting high scores rather than surviving and making it to the end of a level.