cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increases

Zahariel
Expert Protege
I've read in a few places that 'Beat Saber' is increasing in price on the 21st to correspond with the Quest / S release. Are there any other games / apps that are going to be increasing their price for the release date too?
9 REPLIES 9

god_alom
Adventurer
Why is everyonr crazy about beatsaber? It looks boring to me.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

Cause with everything VR related, looking at pancake videos, whatever, doesnt justify whats really going on.
 It becomes addictive like trying heroin for the first time even tho your facebook friends didnt like your post about if you were to try it out.
Be good, die great !

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

Zahariel said:

I've read in a few places that 'Beat Saber' is increasing in price on the 21st to correspond with the Quest / S release. Are there any other games / apps that are going to be increasing their price for the release date too?

Yeah, they increase the price. Another game will as well.
 However its not cause it launches on Quest. Its cause its leaving early acces.
Now we can discuss wether its a coincidens or not.
 Like it, buy it to support VR. In order to make VR mainstream we need good software. Thats the price we pay to make it more affordable in the future. 🙂
Be good, die great !

bigmike20vt
Visionary
hang on... game is still in EA?  hasn't it already had 1 paid DLC for it? I am not doubting the quality of the game, but releasing paid DLC when not even out of EA does not sit well with me personally.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Yup they have @bigmike20vt
 Guess the success of Beat Saber was something they didnt expect. All over sudden they had to port it to PSVR and beyond ( Quest ).
 Bet Oculus helped them financially to get a port ready in time for Quest launch, therefore it havent gotten out af EA earlier. Still they needed to give get some content to us hungry users. Therefore the monstercat DLC.
 I expect a few more DLC´s this year as they have been working hard on those as well.

The best is yet to come imo.
Be good, die great !

Digikid1
Consultant

Life lesson. Don’t knock it until you try it. 

Zahariel
Expert Protege
Took the plunge and bought 'BS' and 'BoxVR' as I read that it was also getting an increase. Strange buying games for a system I don't actually have yet... Exercising and fitness is one of the main reasons (Outside Vader Immortal) for getting the system so having watched a lot of videos and read lots of reviews, I was always going to try them.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Been wondering that since it came out. It looks just as cringy and stupid as Dance Dance whatever it's called.

edmg
Trustee
Beat Saber is fun, but I'm not paying $30 a second time just to get it for the Quest.

Personally, I still prefer Audiosheild, but that's only on Steam.