cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Video - Quest Store Version Startup Problems - A Solution

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

The recent update of this Quest App (Prime) has caused me (and I'm sure also a few others) a big problem.  If you try to start it up it goes into a endless loading pattern. 

The solution that worked for me was to uninstall it, then reinstall it and login again (needed to try this twice btw).  After logging in, all works fine again.  I really like watching this with my Q2 because it's like you have a 150inch TV!  Anyway, I hope this helps those who are having issues with this app after its latest update.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ya, normally updates do not require you to do this.  Kinda silly that this one does imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Boomer_Bob
Honored Guest

I had this same thing happen on my OQ2. I thought about doing this but for some reason I was afraid to. I tried it since it wasn't working anyway and I'm back in business! It worked the first time for me. Thanks

Ya, normally updates do not require you to do this.  Kinda silly that this one does imho.

mail.zach
Honored Guest

The Browser does not seem to load the  primevideos . There was a recent update on the Quest 2 and  it probably works once and then fails for every other  video . seems like some video player  bug . 

Is this raised with amazon ?  There is no alternate way to play primevideos on Quest and wonder why this is not fixed . 

@mail.zach @My Q2 v34 Prime Video app seems to work fine.  I did notice the first time it hung up on the loading screen.  I exited and restarted it and it then seemed to work fine.  I tried a couple of videos and also did a restart and all seems to be working fine.  I’m not sure what you mean about using the Q2 browser?  I always use the Prime Video app from the Quest store.

mail.zach
Honored Guest

The Primevideo app apparently is not available in all locations which is  why its not a standalone app in my case . So i use the Quest Browser to login via primevideo.com . Problem is with the video player while launching from within the browser . Could be either a browser or player issue . 

@mail.zach @Ok, I understand your problem mate.  I can connect my Q2 with link or air link and use my oculus home desktop with my Chrome browser and this works ok, but now advantage over my Q2 app.  If you don’t have a vr ready pc this probably does not help.  You could try to download the Firefox browser from the quest store and see if that works better.  Good luck and cheers.

Yea Tom. , it will work if we use the Chrome browser over link  which i have tried . But for a simple use case as opening a video it must ideally work independently in a browser .  I tried with Firefox and  the issue seems to be there as well . 

Its good if  oculus works with amazon to  test and fix whatever is going on with this .  Youtube works perfectly !  

@mail.zach It took a long time to get the Prime app in Australia as well.  I kept nagging Amazon about this and they finally included this.  You might also nag oculus support as well.