cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Cars 2

leo1954au
Adventurer
So when can we expect to see Project Cars 2 in oculus home, Saw it on steam but I prefer my game in oculus home. home
41 REPLIES 41

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
Does anyone know how multiplayer is handled?
In the first Project Cars players who purchased the game on Oculus Home could not play together with those who bought the game on Steam. 
As the Steam community does include the non-VR players as well it's of course much larger than the OH community.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else lost Force Feedback for Thrustmaster F430 Wheel since last Windows 10? It was actually working here since the transition until this last update. Waiting for precise instructions from their Support to rid old files and get the new driver FFD_2016 to actually work! Others say the previous driver FFD_2015 still works but where to even get this?

To keep Centre Look: Start Race I must first hold both Gear Shifts to rid the auto-look select reticle then select the lower right button on the wheel to begin.

Many cars have badly chosen tyres at stock for auto-conditions thus making them skid with a heavy foot. Most cars are terrible from stock!

Re MULTIPLAYER: I can join a game but I get placed as a Spectator in just 1 of the cars!!! I can't get my own car. What is the point of joining a race to have to wait???

The RE-CENTRE bind should be moved to the bloody VR MENU - Christ this is more than just "slightly mad" to even figure out!!!!

BrockKane
Expert Protege

Greyman said:

Go to the key mapping settings in pc2 and set a steering wheel button or a key to recentre VR view, then when you press that in game, well, I think you can guess the rest. 🙂

Thank you Greyman. That did work. But unfortunately I have to do it every new game I start. Weird. But, thanks again, it does work.

Lemming1970
Rising Star

BrockKane said:

Greyman said:

Go to the key mapping settings in pc2 and set a steering wheel button or a key to recentre VR view, then when you press that in game, well, I think you can guess the rest. 🙂

Thank you Greyman. That did work. But unfortunately I have to do it every new game I start. Weird. But, thanks again, it does work.

Sounds like you have the rest on in the game under VR settings. Turn it off. Set it once and you should be good to go.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

BadDanME
Expert Protege
In the VR settings you can set it to recenter at every gamestart or/and at the racestart. Try these. 

nrosko
Superstar
Got 33 hours in this game best looking vr game by a long shot imo run so well on my system.

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer

Greyman said:

Just buy it on Steam.  It's too good to wait.  The VR experience is awesome and I have it on ultra for all of the settings that will allow it and even in a race it doesn't struggle,

I detest using steam for the rift, it's so clunky and rough vs the simple home. I didn't even enjoy using steam when I had a vive much less now I have a rift with its own slick store (ok not without it's own shortcomings but at least it doesn't constantly pop up boxes on my PC telling me of issues then never quite work elegantly enough with VR)
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
To me, seeing a game in the Oculus Store is a sign that the game has been through the Oculus QA department, so I'm holding out for now. It also seems that Project Cars 2 doesn't support Touch? So there's no VR steering wheel I can control with Touch? - Seems like a major disappointment... I'm not fond of using my XBox controllers in VR games, to the point where I've started deleting VR games with no proper Touch support. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nrosko
Superstar
Lol you whant to control  the car with touch? That's a new one.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

To me, seeing a game in the Oculus Store is a sign that the game has been through the Oculus QA department, so I'm holding out for now. It also seems that Project Cars 2 doesn't support Touch? So there's no VR steering wheel I can control with Touch? - Seems like a major disappointment... I'm not fond of using my XBox controllers in VR games, to the point where I've started deleting VR games with no proper Touch support. 

You should really get a wheel for your driving games in VR!
It dousn't get much better than that, it's what VR was built for! (or at least it feels that way 😉 )
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S