cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cars is the best VR racing game. Feature it for CV1.

AntDX3162
Heroic Explorer
The best. I had it snow screen on me a couple times during the Formula A race online but I was so far ahead I got away with going off track and doing like 50 mph for a bit until it came back.

Project cars needs to be a front page featured game when Oculus CV1 gets launched.

I was racing with the Fanatec CSP v2 and Elite v2 with BMW rim and Fanatec Racing seat.

I wreck.

The movements are so realistic it's like being in the car. Everytime I shift the wheel moves and the screen moves. I can sense like crazy. The best. I mean I have my 980 Ti at around 1450MHz and a 4.6GHz 5930k so the lagging is like non-existent.
facebook.com/AntDX316
157 REPLIES 157

Nosher
Protege
Something I see when I play PCars, is the first time I drive on a track I sometimes get horrific stuttering / judder.....

I would exit out of the game and try a different track and sometimes the same thing......

I thought it was track related, but if you put up with the judder for a lap, suddenly it is like a switch has been turned on and hey presto! Smooth frames and a beautiful driving experience....

I also use a transducer setup - SimVibe with 4 Aura shakers and home assembled 4ch 100w amp and PSU - the transducers are mounted directley to the pedal board and the rears directly to the seat frame (which is a leather seat from a breakers yard - £10).

Watching this vid is a must to get your FFB settings dialled in - I have done this and it is now better than any sim I driven with FFB and that includes IRacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjI3rXHOR4

Great experience and a great game.

Nosh

Stelzer
Expert Protege
PCars is great in VR but i don't play it. It ruins my driving in IRacing because of the laser scanned tracks and the better ffb in IRacing. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I just started playing this and wow, it's absolutely amazing. Project Cars and Technolust are my top fav's right now.

AntDX3162
Heroic Explorer

Stelzer said:

PCars is great in VR but i don't play it. It ruins my driving in IRacing because of the laser scanned tracks and the better ffb in IRacing. 

It's impossible to get good feel with iracing unless you have everything setup 1:1 for your wheel.  Project Cars does this with presets.  I can never race good in iRacing because the feel is always off.

I think messing with FFB is bad.  Whatever they preset for the wheel is how it should be.  In real-life when there is understeer it steers easier due to too much slip angle.

Also the problem with messing with FFB is it's different for each car.  The FFB could be cranked around a car that doesn't FFB as much such as a GT4 or historic.  Go to a Formula and Prototype then the FFB is set too high that feedback cannot be deciphered between light and heavy.  It can be also tuned around a Formula or Prototype that doing GT4 or historic would feel too light.  This is why I suggest using presets designed for each wheel.  I'm winging towards they did all the research w/ blackbox logs oscilloscope spectrum analyzations with ph.D electrical engineers for all the vehicles on each wheel before release for 1:1 realistic feel.
facebook.com/AntDX316

Wildt
Consultant

Nosher said:
I also use a transducer setup - SimVibe with 4 Aura shakers and home assembled 4ch 100w amp and PSU - the transducers are mounted directley to the pedal board and the rears directly to the seat frame 

Mind sharing your Simvibe setup?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Nosher
Protege

Wildt said:

Nosher said:
I also use a transducer setup - SimVibe with 4 Aura shakers and home assembled 4ch 100w amp and PSU - the transducers are mounted directley to the pedal board and the rears directly to the seat frame 

Mind sharing your Simvibe setup?

Hardware I presume you mean?

You will need one of these:-

http://www.parts-express.com/sure-electronics-aa-ab33182-4x100w-at-4-ohm-class-d-digital-audio-ampli...

4 of these....

http://www.parts-express.com/aurasound-ast-2b-4-pro-bass-shaker-tactile-transducer--299-028

One of these....

http://www.parts-express.com/mean-well-mw-nes-350-24-24-vdc-146a-350w-regulated-switching-power-supp...

One of these....

http://www.parts-express.com/25mm-x-55mm-x-115mm-dc-plug-with-6-ft-cord--090-492

Add some speaker wire, I used an old DVD case with the gubbins removed and got leads to go from the soundcard on your pooter to the amp - the then you are golden.... 🙂

I ordered mine from the states - I think it cost me circa $300 for everything (plus the price of sim experience.)

And consider that the LFE are $130 each - for just one AND that doesnt include the amp. All that crud people spew about "LFEs are the best - so get them!" It is certainly the most expensive way of getting tactile shaking. I have 4 pretty tasty shakers with the auras and it shakes it pretty good!

Hope that helps?

Nosh

Wildt
Consultant
Heh.. sorry for being ambigous - I really did mean the SIMVIBE application settings you use for Project Cars. As in what effects are sent to what transducers and with much intensity etc.

Nosher
Protege

Wildt said:

Heh.. sorry for being ambigous - I really did mean the SIMVIBE application settings you use for Project Cars. As in what effects are sent to what transducers and with much intensity etc.

4p6pvivccctw.jpg

Wildt
Consultant
And all subsettings pr. effect is default?

Nosher
Protege

Wildt said:

And all subsettings pr. effect is default?

Stop being ambiguous! 😉

Above is all I tweak, to be honest.....

Is there something I am missing??

Nosh