cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rec Room makes me move.

Jax2themax13
Explorer
Whenever I enter Rec Room it automatically moves me backwards. Inside the room and in all the Rec Room games. I thought it was my controller but its only on Rec Room so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no luck. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Help. 
14 REPLIES 14

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Whenever I read one post wonder posts like this it makes me want to move to the bathroom, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant

Jax2themax13
Explorer
Geez, just trying to help my kids out who love this game but now cant play it. Thanks for nothing.  

Jax2themax13
Explorer
I'm sorry I have 2 kids to raise and a house to maintain. I dont have time to play VR or sit here on a forum and read a bunch of questions or answer them. If you know so much about them, why not just help me out instead of make fun of me only asking one question?

Luciferous
Consultant
Sorry I don't play Recroom but guys come on .... a bit rude to the poor chap.

Hi - I have the same problem did you manage to fix this please?

oosonddj
Honored Guest

Hey so I’ve been having trouble with the same thing as well lately, whenever I try to go into Rec Room, it moves me to the side. I can’t seem to make it stop either. It is SO annoying! I think it’s something with my controllers since my right controller has been through a bit too much. I’ve tried to uninstall, and install again, but no faith. I did a factory reset but still doesn’t do anything. I currently don’t have a solution but when there is, I’ll be sure to remind you. Don’t worry, your not alone. 🙂

Hi, just a question. Have you had “history” with your controllers before? For example, hitting it on desks, walls, drawers, practically anything. I think it’s something with the controllers since i’ve had A LOT of history with them while playing echo vr. But, have you?

oosonddj
Honored Guest

Hey I’ve found a possible solution! If you go into the oculus home menu, look at your left controller. See if the joy stick is turning a certain way even if you are not pushing it. If so, you have a controller drift. To fix this, apply isopropyl alcohol to a cotton swab. Pry back the thumbstick, and carefully wipe the rounded surface with alcohol. Rotate the thumbstick incrementally, carefully cleaning the entire thing. Check to make sure that you've fully cleaned the thumbstick, and rest in rec room if you still have it. Tell me if it works! 🙂