cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rez Infinite released for PC and VR

NeloDiavolo
Protege
What a great time be part of the VR crowd! I didn't even know this was releasing today and I can't wait to check it out later.

Looks like it's on sale for 20 bucks too. Anyone else picking this up?
43 REPLIES 43

L0st_Wander3r
Honored Guest
My Oculus Rift arrived today, the first game I purchase was Rez Infinity...wasn't disappointed, absolutely brilliant, very addictive!

lukwtwz
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

Two thumbs waaayyy up the [ass].

I'll pass. You're terrible, Muriel. You understand that most people read that TL;DR as, "I felt screwed by this game purchase. The opposite of two thumbs up." Either that, or you're advertising that you like sticking things up yours.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

lukwtwz said:

Zenbane said:

I'll pass. You're terrible, Muriel. You understand that most people read that TL;DR as, "I felt screwed by this game purchase. The opposite of two thumbs up." Either that, or you're advertising that you like sticking things up yours.

It's been awhile since you whined about my references. There isn't much room to stick anything up "mine" considering you made it your home already 😛

lukwtwz
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

lukwtwz said:

Zenbane said:

It's been awhile since you whined about my references. There isn't much room to stick anything up "mine" considering you made it your home already 😛

No, I haven't "made" your "no-no hole" (to quote your exact term) my "home" and I find that comment even more offensive than your pervious one. 

In light of the fact that you tell people in this forum that "whining about sudden price drops on social media is crapping yourself in public," I think you can handle being told that you publicly rating a game as "two thumbs wayyy up the no-no hole" is you doing something arguably worse than that.  

Apparently, no one can tell you not to use such language in this establishment, but they can offer feedback on what it really translates to for most readers, and all I did was just that. Now please don't say anything like that to me again.

TL;DR
If it seems as if I whine about your comments more than about those of others, it's because virtually no one else talks like that in these forums; or at least, no one else who comments in every thread talks like that. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

lukwtwz said:

No, I haven't "made" your "no-no hole" (to quote your exact term) my "home" and I find that comment even more offensive than your pervious one.

hah, I love the Freudian slip there, bubsey. Here is my exact quote:
Two thumbs waaayyy up the no-no spot.

In your first complaint you changed the phrase "no-no spot" to "ass" and now you changed "spot" to "hole." That is very telling 😄

The term "no-no" spot is abstract; that's the point. The reader can ascribe any meaning they like. It can be good, or it can be bad. In your case, you instantly assigned the meaning of "ass" and "hole," and then made comments about my own anatomy. Also very (creepily) telling.

Furthermore, my comment "two thumbs way up the no-no spot" is an abstract gesture towards an intangible object and can directly translate to: "this game is so good that every aspect of its being, even the naughty bits, deserve praise."

Whatever twisted butt-references you keep harping on have nothing to do with me; that's aaalll you :#

lukwtwz
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

lukwtwz said:

In your first complaint you changed the phrase "no-no spot" to "ass" and now you changed "spot" to "hole." That is very telling 😄

Whatever twisted butt-references you keep harping on have nothing to do with me; that's aaalll you :#

There isn't much room to stick anything up "mine" considering you made it your home already 

No, you weren't trying to be abstract any more than you were when you told people they're "crapping themselves in public." You make frequent, vulgar ass references, so of course "no-no spot" means ass or the equivalent term for you. What other spots could you, given your typical vulgar concrete gestures, have meant? Two thumbs way up some other spot? And yours or someone else's?

I'm wondering, does your wife know you live here and talk like that? When you and she go to a dinner party or some other social event, do you say things like "two thumbs wayyy up the no-no spot? And if so, do people roll their eyes when you do? 

It's not appropriate, and no attempt of yours to roll back what you obviously meant, or to make those who call you out on it look like the creepier ones, will change that. 

I originally just wanted to point out that your "two thumbs wayyy up the...." rating is negative and vulgar and looks like shit in print, and just leave it at that - not have a back-and-forth. But then you had to wax all the more creepy and say that your "no-no spot" is my "home" (again, with that reference, what other spot could you have originally meant?). 

EDIT: And for the record: Your first reply to my first comment to you never denied what "no-no spot" you were referring to; never denied that I had correctly paraphrased you. Your reply implied that you owned the comment I called out as questionable. You said nothing about being abstract or having had some other 'spot' in mind when you originally wrote that. You said "It's been a while since you whined about my comments" plus something about me making "yours" my "home" - but you did not cast my comment as a misunderstanding of what spot you meant. That's why I think your attempt at rolling back is lame. If your first reply to me had simply stated that you hadn't meant what I thought you meant, I would have let it go at that. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

lukwtwz said:
No, you weren't trying to be abstract
One thing is for sure, I never said "ass" nor "hole," but you certainly did. With fervor. All your spam won't fix your telling reveal 😄

And yes, the phrase "no-no spot" is abstract. Just not for you, because you can't even read it correctly since your mind goes straight to "ass" and "hole." Don't blame me for your shortcomings.

lukwtwz
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

lukwtwz said:
No, you weren't trying to be abstract
One thing is for sure, I never said "ass" nor "hole," but you certainly did. With fervor. All your spam won't fix your telling reveal 😄

And yes, the phrase "no-no spot" is abstract. Just not for you, because you can't even read it correctly since your mind goes straight to "ass" and "hole." Don't blame me for your shortcomings.

"Two thumbs wayyy up the no-no spot" is concrete, if not literal, coming from you. Anyone who reads that knows exactly what figurative, metaphorical gesture you intend to evoke. You now seem to be trying to pass figurativeness off as abstraction; a clear, concrete, vulgar metaphor for something more vague as a way of confusing any readers. 

As I said before, your first reply implied that you gladly owned the comment I called out as questionable; that you did not deny that I had correctly paraphrased you (i.e. that you originally intended "no-no spot" to mean "ass") until you had already begun to feel humiliated in your domain. Your attempting to recast my correct paraphrasing of your original, objectionable statement is just your version of damage control for your ego. 

Mike1304
Explorer
Isn't it it time to stop quarrel? The name of the game is "Rez infinite" and not "Quarrel infinite"...  😉

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

lukwtwz said:
"Two thumbs wayyy up the no-no spot" is concrete, if not literal, coming from you.

Except that you didin't even know I said "spot" until I corrected you 😄

lukwtwz said:

At the very least... a "spot" can be a flat surface, a raised surface, or a hole. It can be way more than that as well, which is what makes it abstract. You read it as "hole" and have been scrambling to argue your way out of an embarrassing reveal.

lukwtwz said:
 until you had already begun to feel humiliated in your domain

There's nothing embarrassing about watching your desperately try to prove that you aren't creepy as hell for reading "hole" when you saw the word "spot" during an argument where you talk about "ass" 😄