cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift and TV signal

Oops01
Protege
Hi all is there any chance that my Oculus rift could be affecting my TV signal, I was playing project cars 2 this morning and the wife complained that the tv signal in the living room was becoming very erratic and breaking up then going off altogether (black screen saying the signal was too weak). so I stopped playing to investigate and the signal came back on signal was at 100% and signal quality was at 65%.(which gives me a near perfect picture) So I started the Oculus again and tried a bit of Arktika and again the signal dropped, so I then tried virtual pool 4 (one of the only games I have that's not in VR) and the signal was not affected!! very strange.
One thing though is the aerial I use is in the attic which is straight above where I use the Oculus, (almost directly above) its the only thing I can think of, I'm on BT tv and BT broadband and receive all my tv via the aerial and the broadband. 
Very strange!

Sorry Devs I've posted this threat in the wrong place, please feel move this to the appropriate forum. 
1 REPLY 1

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I highly doubt it. It's all wired. Even the cameras communicate to the application via usb. They just read markers on the headset. 

Just coincidence. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2