cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift with Euro Truck Simulator 2

cellis34
Honored Guest
This worked just by simply downloading the May 4th release of Vireio driver and dropping the d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll into the bin folder for Euro Truck 2. First time I started the game it didn't work (was seeing double images not lined up), but then exited and entered again and from then on has worked.

Didn't even create a profile code or anything. Bear in mind, I am no developer, but just an enthusiast of the rift.

It is rough and the native release will be much better, but for the meantime.....driving the truck like this is amazingly fun 😄
603 REPLIES 603

stevieh
Honored Guest
Hi Chaz thanks for commenting I have disable ASW already but still have the issue..I sent information to SCS support but they weren't that helpful. I did have this issue before sometime and fixed it myself I'm sure it was something like uninstalling HD sound from the NVidia driver, this hasn't helped this time round so it must have been something else? Image uninstall the video driver using DDU now and have only installed the drive back on nothing else that comes with NVidia but non time to test just now but when I have I'll let you know.

mp4x
Honored Guest
Hi,
I that typically means your rig is switching from 45 to 90 FPS and back again - that causes the rubber banding in ETS2.  You can decrease graphics so that it doesn't switch between the two, or INCREASE your settings to keep it at 45FPS/top end.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
That's why switching off the ASW is supposed to solve the issue as it stops the constant switching down to 45 FPS. If the game drops just a few frames below 90 without the ASW on, then it's not really so noticeable. Oculus really need to add some more functionality to that feature, so that you can either turn it off altogether from the menu or keep it locked at 45 FPS instead of having it switch back and forth.

@stevieh
Have you opted into the Oculus beta? As I have a sneaking suspicion that the ctrl - num 1 shortcut to switch off ASW doesn't work with the non beta software. I could well be wrong about that though, and can only say that so far, that short cut has worked for me on a few occasions playing ETS2 now. It's also the only game so far where I've experienced this issue.

stevieh
Honored Guest
@stevieh 
Have you opted into the Oculus beta? As I have a sneaking suspicion that the ctrl - num 1 shortcut to switch off ASW doesn't work with the non beta software. I could well be wrong about that though, and can only say that so far, that short cut has worked for me on a few occasions playing ETS2 now. It's also the only game so far where I've experienced this issue

Hi Chaz I tried switching it off with Oculus Tray Tool but still the same I haven't had time to play on my pc for sometime now hoping to report back by weekend.

Thanks for help guys