Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senza Peso DK2

steam25
Explorer
hi crew,
just got the mail. finally its out!!!! 😮 😮 😮 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

full of happyness i downloaded the wonderful launcher.
a click on DOWNLOAD for senza peso itself later, i get this:

Uncaught node.js Error

TypeError: Cannot read property 'senzaPeso' of null
at getDownloadUrl (C:\Users\Panda\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11132_17817\app\Downloader.js:31:74)
at Downloader.downloadFile [as download] (C:\Users\Panda\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11132_17817\app\Downloader.js:124:17)
at HTMLButtonElement.downloadOrUpdate (C:\Users\Panda\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11132_17817\app\cellView.js:43:20)
at HTMLButtonElement.n.event.dispatch (file:///C:/Users/Panda/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11132_17817/vendor/jquery-2.1.1.min.js:3:6404)
at HTMLButtonElement.r.handle (file:///C:/Users/Panda/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11132_17817/vendor/jquery-2.1.1.min.js:3:3179)

anybody got same? or have an idea about a solution? servers overloaded?

windows 7 64bit
proxy i tried turn off but same result.
56 REPLIES 56

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I'm getting judder when turning my head during several sequences, regardless of the quality setting. This is on a i7-4770k (at 4.3Ghz) and a AMD 290. Does anyone know if there's a way to force DX11 like with other demos? That has solved this type of problem in the past.

Also, has anyone got this to work in direct mode? It's a shame having to switch to extended mode to play it, as everything else I run works great in direct (the the exception of Technolust ... but that's for another thread).

Itsinthemind
Expert Protege
"liberte" wrote:

Looking how easly it can be done in UE4 I'm sure that we will see a lot of demos like this in very near future.

For unity devs... guys stop feeding this monster.

UE4 is a powerful Engine, though version 5 of Unity no doubt will soon catch up.
"goldenegg" wrote:

I'm getting judder when turning my head during several sequences, regardless of the quality setting. This is on a i7-4770k (at 4.3Ghz) and a AMD 290. Does anyone know if there's a way to force DX11 like with other demos? That has solved this type of problem in the past.

Also, has anyone got this to work in direct mode? It's a shame having to switch to extended mode to play it, as everything else I run works great in direct (the the exception of Technolust ... but that's for another thread).

We are still severally limited developing for the DK2. The apps that run smoothly are the ones which make the least demands on the graphics engines. When I took Tuscany apart, beyond the fence of the villa there were hardly any assets with more than six polygons and the textures are a fuzzy mess. They optimised the app incredibly to achieve a good demo. As soon as you start adding things or become more adventurous in kitting out the environment frame rates start dropping.

Oculus must be aware of this no doubt and we won't see in VR what we can experience at present on a PS4 for a while. So in the short term, until the bog standard graphics engines are at least twice of what the top ones are at present, developers have to be disciplined and spartan with their content. Sometimes that can focus attention more on game play, which must be a good thing. My guess is Oculus are focusing all their attention on speeding things up on their end in order to stand a remote chance of getting triple A content on their device to run on the average gaming pc. I am pretty sure Samsung are in an even worse position and no doubt will be forced to take most of their content from VR movies and very basic games.

Our expectations will have to be curbed for a while yet. It's extremely hard to maintain a high stutter free frame rate if you aim for content we are used to on monitor based games, where even 30 fps looks smooth and without screen door effect. I hope that Oculus will pull something dramatic out of their hats for CV1 though. Lets face it, at the moment we are not making a huge impact and Senza Peso is probably as good as it gets, at least until developers have developed their box of trick to crank the most out of our limitations.
http://www.lightandmagic.co.uk Fantasy becomes Reality

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"Itsinthemind" wrote:

We are still severally limited developing for the DK2. The apps that run smoothly are the ones which make the least demands on the graphics engines. When I took Tuscany apart, beyond the fence of the villa there were hardly any assets with more than six polygons and the textures are a fuzzy mess. They optimised the app incredibly to achieve a good demo. As soon as you start adding things or become more adventurous in kitting out the environment frame rates start dropping.

Tuscany isn't close to being a top example for what the Rift can do. Its purpose is to show an example of what's possible with the device, for both users and developers.

There may be limits to the tools, but there are many developers which have successfully used them to create games\demos which are as or more visually stunning than Senza Peso, which run perfectly fine at 75fps on the Rift.

- Elite: Dangerous
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Technolust
- Sightline: The Chair
- Half Life 2
- Minecrift
- Discovering > Space
- Ghostship Aftermath
- Qbeh 1

These are only a subset of some incredible experiences which are currently available and are able to obtain a high level of performance should your system by fast enough.

richhard1
Protege
not true, it seems oculus have optimised NVidia platforms and not amd. I too suffer from lower fps despite having high end system specs. I keep telling myself, one day oculus will introduce a new driverand sdk which will optimise the amd platform.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

Itsinthemind
Expert Protege
"richhard1" wrote:
not true, it seems oculus have optimised NVidia platforms and not amd. I too suffer from lower fps despite having high end system specs. I keep telling myself, one day Oculus will introduce a new driver and sdk which will optimise the amd platform.

I contacted Cass Everitt the other day, software engineer at Oculus, asking about the judder, having expected it to be addressed with 0.4.2 and he kindly replied that they are still working on implementing the Asynchronous Timewarp, which has been talked about. So this is an issue which probably requires some hard mathematics and will need to be resolved for the CV1. I hope that when the breakthrough occurs all existing apps will run a lot smoother, though developers will still have to optimize like hell.
http://www.lightandmagic.co.uk Fantasy becomes Reality

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"richhard1" wrote:
not true, it seems oculus have optimised NVidia platforms and not amd. I too suffer from lower fps despite having high end system specs. I keep telling myself, one day oculus will introduce a new driverand sdk which will optimise the amd platform.

What are your system specs? Pretty much everything I run is at a full 75fps, with the exception of this demo. As mentioned before, I have a i7-4770k (at 4.3Ghz) and a AMD 290.

You should keep in mind that you'll need to switch between direct and extended mode, depending on the software you're running, to get the best performance.

Licoy
Honored Guest
I have a little problem. Since the last update, when I try to lauch the game in Faster or Better settings, the launcher force my oculus at 120 Hz each times. How can I fix it ?