cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senza Peso Optimized build 2.0

opamp
Protege
As some of you may know I been mucking around with Senza Peso in my spare time and have just finished a second build.

This is build against the 0.6.0.1 SDK using UE4 4.7.6 .

Tested and working with 0.7.0.0 runtime.

additional keys are,

'1' latency perfhud
'2' fps perfhud
'3' perfhud off

r9-270x or equivilant cards should use the "Faster" option. Where as r9-280 and above can use the better option.
Theres practically no difference in visusals between the two options until you get to the last level.

This is a development build so the console is availible if you need to change screenpercentage or the like.

QAhead is intentionally turned off. Dont turn it on or performance will tank with the last two levels.

You can now use the original music!
If you still have Kite and Lightings original DK2 version(or you want to download it) you can copy a single file to have the original music in my build.
If you dont then an alternative track will play. Instructions below.

Locate the file "SenzaPeso_MIX_04.uasset" within the kite and lightning SenzaPeso Folder.
Path will be something like /SenzaPeso/senzaPeso/Content/MASTERALL/audio/
And copy to the Content folder of my build(this should be the root of the content folder).
i.e "/SenzaPesoOpampBuild2/SenzaPeso/Content/"

Downloads:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/txpl9bc88ntpsx2/SP-OPAMPBUILD2.0.rar

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgVPR4xFGgjeEFNbmRWdUhCdTQ/view?usp=sharing

Opamp
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.
18 REPLIES 18

nn23
Explorer
Will try, Big Thanks!

eXntrc
Honored Guest
VERY excellent job on 2.0. I did copy the audio file from the original install and wow, it brings so much back to the experience. I noticed I have the breathing sound back from the big head now. Still no sound on the smaller clips, but maybe there never was.

Performance is impeccable. I used to have dropped frames at several locations throughout the demo, but this build is a rock solid 75 FPS throughout the entire thing no matter where I'm looking.

Really good work opamp.

Wildt
Consultant
I've asked this in the thread in "Work in progress" subforum as well, but didn't get a reply. Did you cut down on the particle effects compared to the original? (quality settings respectively)

Regardless - thanks for doing this - much appreciated.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

spyro
Expert Protege
Many thanks.

It's pretty disturbing that queue-ahead can in fact have a negative impact on performance, shouldn't it be the other way around? Do you have any idea, why this is the case?

opamp
Protege
"Wildt" wrote:
I've asked this in the thread in "Work in progress" subforum as well, but didn't get a reply. Did you cut down on the particle effects compared to the original? (quality settings respectively)

Sorry about that I must have missed it

To answer your question,
The larger particles were reduced to help limit overdraw. As well as a reduction in gpu particles amongst other optimizations.

opamp
Protege
"spyro" wrote:
Many thanks.

It's pretty disturbing that queue-ahead can in fact have a negative impact on performance, shouldn't it be the other way around? Do you have any idea, why this is the case?

I know its strange. I can only hope that whatever this is it was fixed on 4.9-07.
But im not even sure what is causing it. My current theroy is that qahead doesnt play nice with ue4's implimentation of gpu particles. As there are a lot more in the last levels compared to the others. But I need to test that out.

I was originally going to port version 2 to 4.9-07 but was generally seeing worse performance with all of my projects in 4.9.
And thats with 4.9-07 using stencil meshes.
And the stencil meshes seem to contribute almost nothing to performance atm try toggling it with ''vr.HiddenAreaMask" and monitor performance.

Wildt
Consultant
"opamp" wrote:
"Wildt" wrote:

Sorry about that I must have missed it

To answer your question,
The larger particles were reduced to help limit overdraw. As well as a reduction in gpu particles amongst other optimizations.

Thank you for the answer. I know I'll come off as a nitpicker, but that really isn't optimising is it? That's removing content.

Give the user all the quality settings as an option.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

michealv
Explorer
I just purchased a 980ti today, upgraded from a gtx 770.

And i must say this just completely blew me away combined with the original track.

This is why they set the 970 as the entry, it makes all the difference.

Absolutely fantastic
CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )

BanjoIsland
Honored Guest
Hi opamp,

I was trying to play around with the Senzo Peso source code myself but running into problems opening it. I'm using UE 4.9.2 and VS 2015 Community. It's complaining that UE4Editor-SenzaPeso.dll is missing or built with a different engine version, but when I try to rebuild it, it fails.

Any ideas?
Thank!