cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter

mambo1888
Rising Star
Anyone had the chance to play this yet. Its currently 10% off on steam tempted to give it a go but not seen any reviews yet. Not on PC so cant check if its on OH or not.
37 REPLIES 37

soupsong
Protege
Playing right now just taking a little break, I'm loving it, was worried it might make me nauseous but not a hint of feeling sick.
My first time setting up experimental 360 tracking with 2 sensors in either corner of room although you could get away with playing in regular mode this seems to suit more.
No problems even though brought on steam store it's all working perfectly, if you love or even liked the serious Sam games on regular screen this is a must.
Woulda been nice if they priced it around the £20 mark rather then £30 as there's a rather large element of paying for old rope.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Cheers bud, very tempted to get this, good to know its working fine with rift and touch. Trying to find a good deal on steam wallet codes but doesn't seem to be very cheap at the moment, typically I had a load of steam credit that I ended up selling a couple of weeks ago too.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Bit the bullet, got steam £50 steam wallet for about £45, steam crimbo sales coming up so im sure the rest will get put to good use soon. 

mambo1888
Rising Star

soupsong said:

Woulda been nice if they priced it around the £20 mark rather then £30 as there's a rather large element of paying for old rope.

Have to agree, I played about 20 minutes, but I found myself getting bored. I decided to get a refund as I dont think I would have played it much more, I have the VR mod for doom 3, and I was enjoying that more. Spent a small fortune on games that I will not play much so need to be a bit wiser with my purchases. I would have bought Arizona Sunshine while its on sale but will wait for steam since I have the credit sitting there now.

soupsong
Protege
I think I'm really enjoying it as it's my first full locomotion fps and first time using 360 set up.
I'm going to have to get doom set up from the sounds of things.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Yeah its really good and you can buy the game (if you dont already own it) for £5.99 from cdkeys you can get 5% off if you like their facebook page. 

Mellzor
Protege
This game is the best FPS for VR for me atm.
Purely due to it having full locomotion.

For oculus touch users they have now implemented stick rotation as well in the public beta.
Just opt in to the beta via steam, and enjoy 🙂

mambo1888
Rising Star

Mellzor said:

For oculus touch users they have now implemented stick rotation as well in the public beta.

I think the lack of stick rotation was part of the reason I didnt enjoy it so much when I played it. I dont think the inclusion of stick rotation would be enough to make me buy it again but if it had it to begin with I might have stuck with it a bit longer.

Wildt
Consultant

mambo1888 said:

Mellzor said:

I think the lack of stick rotation was part of the reason I didnt enjoy it so much when I played it. I dont think the inclusion of stick rotation would be enough to make me buy it again but if it had it to begin with I might have stuck with it a bit longer.

I don't know if you've played the original flat version - but it's a quite lengthy campaign and the action really picks up the pace.. believe me!
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb