cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Lone Echo have vibration feedback when grabbing objects?

ErroneousKill
Explorer
Just started playing the game and I'm stunned that there is no vibration feedback when grabbing objects.  This really adds to the immersion in other games like Robo Recall.  For such an immersive game I would think that vibration feedback when touching or grabbing objects would be absolutely necessary.
6 REPLIES 6

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The way I see it... in a game where the primary movement mechanic involves grabbing stuff and thaangs, having vibration feedback in response to "grabbing" pretty much means: vibrate all the time for all the things.

Excess vibrations would either be annoying, or simply lose significance/relevance.

Also, in a game like Lone Echo, there is so much grabbing that all that vibrating would drain the hell out of the batteries. You'd probably go through 5 sets of batteries before hitting the mid-game 😮

BB_Coolcat
Protege
As stated in the other thread: There should be no vibration when just grabbing something. It should only be used as a warning when loosing grip or to simulate impact (e.g. when punching someone in EchoArena)
Lone Echo does everything as it should be.

BB_Coolcat
Protege
Regarding Robo Recall, I played it some time ago, but I'm pretty sure it does not vibrate constantly when holding a weapon. Also it does not vibrate when grabbing a robot. As far as I remember it vibrates when you punch things or tear a robot apart.

ErroneousKill
Explorer
Zenbane said:

The way I see it... in a game where the primary movement mechanic involves grabbing stuff and thaangs, having vibration feedback in response to "grabbing" pretty much means: vibrate all the time for all the things.

Excess vibrations would either be annoying, or simply lose significance/relevance.

Also, in a game like Lone Echo, there is so much grabbing that all that vibrating would drain the hell out of the batteries. You'd probably go through 5 sets of batteries before hitting the mid-game 😮

I think you guys misunderstood my question.  I have no idea where you got that I meant that it should constantly vibrate. I never said it should constantly vibrate while holding.  Only when touching or grabbing hold of objects.  
Also, after playing Robo Recall for many many hours and the controllers vibrating every time I take a shot, which is constantly, the batteries have not gone down even one level.

Regarding Robo Recall, I played it some time ago, but I'm pretty sure it does not vibrate constantly when holding a weapon. Also it does not vibrate when grabbing a robot. As far as I remember it vibrates when you punch things or tear a robot apart.

I've been playing a ton of Robo Recall and it does vibrate when you grab a robot.  It of course does not continue to vibrate constantly... 

Roaster
Rising Star
Grabbing stuff in Lone Echo has an effect that gives feedback, like holding your position and stopping your motion, or pushing off and causing motion, manipulating a switch, etc and it seems like that's enough.
I'd have to try it with vibration feedback to see if it helped or got in the way.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

doeswayneexist
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem. It used to vibrate when I gabbed things. Does not happen anymore.