cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singularity5 - Art Game meets Wave Shooter

onclebk
Explorer
Hello virtualists ! Just a quick message to present you our first VR art game "Singularity5", that will be released next month on Oculus Rift :smile:

Singularity5 is an artistic VR Wave Shooter that takes places in a dystopian Paris. Goal is to defend Paris against a new AI called Moore. The 60 minutes experience will be available at the price of 9,99$. Hope you'll like it !

For any further informations, don't hesitate to visit our website : www.singularity5.com
Or to contact us directly : contact@monochrome.paris

xl0wotbdsaxu.png
d3zvy5pyay4x.png
m7tsb30q7l9h.png
tqe2er41fxd1.pngo5dmyqccdced.pngz4d3ufzls2ow.png
15 REPLIES 15

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks great!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

YoLolo69
Trustee
Really impressive, that's look as never seen before (at least for me, and I visited quite a lot of different real and virtual universes). Can't wait to see that moving in a video. For now that landed on my wallpapers directory.
Congrats to the artistic team!

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

onclebk
Explorer
Thank you so much for these amazing feedbacks !

If you wanna follow the project closely, don't hesitate to join the community section on our website :
https://www.singularity5.com/community/

By the way, next monday we'll send a beta version to those who are interested; don't hesitate to ask it to me > guillaume.nicollet@monochrome.paris

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It needs to run in 90 fps with at least 25 % headroom on a GTX 1080 - using super sampling 2.0, thank you 😉

It does look great!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Maybe it's all in my mind, but I was expecting to be able to purchase Singularity 5 in the Oculus Store - unfortunately that's not the case. 

But the game is available on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/987770/Singularity_5/

Users reviews have been positive, but there're only 9 reviews. Has anyone in here tried the game? 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
PD's video seems to indicate that this is a standalone shooter (standalone = you stand alone without any full locomotion and shoot stuff  😉

https://youtu.be/1RwBDq0kv64

I might give it a try later, it's inexpensive - about 10 bucks.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Unfortunately that game failed to interest me. Graphics and performance even using Ultra setting were great though. But this game seriously needs help from experienced game designers - the game play was profoundly lacking in content and variation. Sound effects didn't impress me either. It felt more like a tech demo with quite impressive artwork. As a game I'd probably rate it 2/5 - as a tech demo 4/5. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
To be fair to the devs - it does seem like many are enjoying the game way more than I did - more here - and again, graphics are great:

https://youtu.be/o0k9VY38oDE

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Looks nice, but I wish we had something different like a Resident Evil game, or another AAA horror game. When I had my DK1, I couldn't wait to play a really good horror game. I think I've played one since Oculus Rift came out, which was called Dead Secret..

This does look good for a wave shooter, but also looks a bit boring on these videos. You probably have to be in it to appreciate though..