cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ski Free-D

Joewa
Explorer
I run a vidjagames company called Impromptu Games. Last night a couple of us decided to make a ski game for the Rift inspired by SkiFree. We worked on it for about five hours I think. The physics are a little glitchy for UDK reasons but it's mostly good - high FPS will help. As with the UDK Rollercoaster, setting the resolution higher than 1280x800 so the rift downscales will get you a far better image. The console command for that is "setres 1920x1200" or whatever resolution you want.

Controls:
Mostly self-explanatory. Left/right turns left/right. Forward and back push you a little bit in that direction.
Press T to restart the level (it's quite short but it has a TWIST ENDING).

Download link!

Also, taking this opportunity to plug the other game we're soon to release, InFlux, which needs your vote on Steam Greenlight. It won't support the Rift at launch but we'll likely patch it in.

Oh yeah! Use a 360 controller for extra SKI PRECISION.
19 REPLIES 19

chrisjarram
Honored Guest
Lazare beat me to it - I was going to suggest a Wii balance board for this too as I have mine working fine. Just worked out of the box with the Windows Bluetooth Stack and this single self-contained application:-

http://www.greycube.com/site/download.php?view.68

(works with ANY game - sends keystrokes according to how you want it configured)

Joewa
Explorer
Interesting. I don't have a balance board so I can't check that out but it'd be interesting. Tried it with this game?

SwordArtOnline
Honored Guest
Absolutely agree with Adaml288! Although the surprise at the end was pure 'gold', the snowman would have been great too!
Especially since it is the same sort of no escape, game end, please restart.

Please make this happen!

DeepRifter
Honored Guest
Hahaha! Fun. Loved catching air in this experience.

robbiedingo
Honored Guest
Can we get a Mac build?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Downloaded and installed, how do you run it? :?:

Rob1985
Honored Guest
Oh I cant wait to try this when my new rift arrives! This one is being put near the top of my demo list.

xcreeping
Honored Guest
This is pretty neat, that dude from jurassic park at the end is kinda odd though.

ishook
Honored Guest
"Adaml288" wrote:
Great game! I must admit though, I was a little disappointed when I found that the "surprise" at the end wasn't the monster that eats you from the original Ski Free. Imagine that in the Rift... O.O

Haha, that's what I was hoping for too. Could actually be a really cool game, setting trees on fire and avoiding gray monsters.

sugarmantits
Honored Guest
"Adaml288" wrote:
Great game! I must admit though, I was a little disappointed when I found that the "surprise" at the end wasn't the monster that eats you from the original Ski Free. Imagine that in the Rift... O.O

You are awesome.