cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim - The Complete VR Configuration Guide

CylonSurfer
Expert Protege
Just a link to a guide I have created to help people get Skyrim running in VR. The guide includes:

- Menu positioning
- Dialogue positioning
- HUD positioning
- HUD text resizing
- Immersive first person view settings (visible body)
- Vireio configuration
- Other essential tweaks

I get a lot of PM's on various sites regarding my configuration so I thought it best to compile everything in one guide.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53249/?

I hope some of you find it useful.

UPDATE: 13/01/2015.

The above link is dead, some jack ass managed to get access to my mods page and for some unknown reason deleted the guide and all other associated media. As such it is no longer available.

I intended to update the guide as soon as my DK2 landed and one of the injectors got an update. Regrettably when said items arrived it quickly became apparent that it is not currently possible to run Skyrim @ 1080P / 75FPS / Geometry 3D, even on the lowest graphics settings with all AA and shadows off. I'm basing this off performance with a GTX780 and just this weekend testing it with a GTX980. Anyone who tells you otherwise is exaggerating the truth somewhat, any town or city will cause significant drops in FPS rendering most the game useless, well unless you are waaaaay out in the wilderness.

Currently I live in hope that NVidia's own injection method when released will yield more favorable results.... (particularly as it's most likely compatible with Helix mod). I believe it is based on 3D vision which gave my excellent performance in Geo 3D mode on my HMZ-T1 - although it didn't have the FOV or warping over heads. Until I can get a constant 75FPS with shadows I have no interest in this game and would recommend that anyone wishing to play it in VR avoid it for now. I hate to think how poorly the game will play on a CV1 if it has a higher resolution.

Such a shame really, I loved playing it with my DK1, I must have clocked up 100's of hours, if not 1000's. My only solace is that while I'm not playing, the Skywind & Skyblivion teams will have chance to finish their projects.
198 REPLIES 198

VRex
Protege
On which step do I load your profile for the IFPV mod? Is this the 'Load Settings From File' step? If so, I did click that but it simply said 'Loaded' and never let me choose which file to load. Does it automatically know to load the .txt file? I'll take some screenshots when I get home. Thanks, appreciate the help.
Jesse Kirberger

FictionX
Honored Guest
The old v2 of Perception worked fine for me before reinstalling Windows. Now Skyrim (and all other games, from what I can tell) crashes instantly when I try starting them with Perception running. Anybody know why that might be?

I tried activating the log in Skyrim, but only one line is written in it before the game crashes - and that has nothing to do with why it crashes?

CylonSurfer
Expert Protege
"VRex" wrote:
On which step do I load your profile for the IFPV mod? Is this the 'Load Settings From File' step? If so, I did click that but it simply said 'Loaded' and never let me choose which file to load. Does it automatically know to load the .txt file? I'll take some screenshots when I get home. Thanks, appreciate the help.

That's correct and no you do not choose the file, it should be the one you copied to the specified location as part of the IFPV setup. If you upload a screenshot I'll try and assist you.

Liquidpinky
Honored Guest
I prefer using VorpX for edge peek and the fact I can use ENB series with it.
Helps detract from the screen door effect more.
If I could use ENB with Vireio Perception I would be very happy indeed.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@FictionX: You may need to install the MSVC++ 2010 Redistributables (x86).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

FictionX
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

Already installed, I'm afraid - but thanks for the suggestion!

CylonSurfer
Expert Protege
"Liquidpinky" wrote:
I prefer using VorpX for edge peek and the fact I can use ENB series with it.
Helps detract from the screen door effect more.
If I could use ENB with Vireio Perception I would be very happy indeed.

Well the guide will not work with Vorpx and isnt designed to. Mostly due to it disabling shadows and the warping implimentation which causes quite severe fish bowling.

Using the guide would also negate any need for the edge peak function as it details how to position the games menus etc.

ENB? Close to vanilla Skyrim on medium settings, being run in true stereo 3D, with a high FOV and shadows will struggle to maintain 60FPS in some locations... Thats on a GTX780, personally I'd forget about ENB...

Taylooor
Honored Guest
"FictionX" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

Already installed, I'm afraid - but thanks for the suggestion!

You might try completely deleting your skyrimprefs.ini folder. I had the same issue and deleting all the user config files fixed it. The file is normally in two locations and you need to delete both. Next time you restart skyrim, it will rebuild both folders with default states.

dawgs4ever
Honored Guest
Anybody able to yet get Skyrim working with the DK2 and head tracking?

Leonard_Powers
Explorer
"dawgs4ever" wrote:
Anybody able to yet get Skyrim working with the DK2 and head tracking?

Skyrim doesn't have any VR Support.
The VR integration is achieved using an injection Driver. These have not been updated to SDK 0.4.0 yet and therefore non of these retro-fitted games will work with DK2 yet.
DK1 | DK2 | GearVR | CV1 Pre-Ordered "I reject your reality and substitute my own"