cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim VR - Half Life Alyx style hand interaction mod - worth dusting off for a revisit?

Luciferous
Level 12
new hand mod for Skyrim Vr and I am pretty impressed. I'll probably dust off my copy and have a play.

Particularly impressive is that you can force grab items off of dead bodies without going into the menu.

https://www.roadtovr.com/skyrim-vr-mod-higgsvr-hand-gravity-gloves/?fbclid=IwAR3CZsvFea03hQ-25cW0x-a...;
24 REPLIES 24

saami81
Level 8
I have played Skyrim VR few hours with HIGGS mod and it really makes a big difference. It is nice to grab something and look it on different angles. Just like in regular VR games.

Looting is also more immersive. WIth HIGGS mod you can just drop items over your shoulder and they will be added to your invertory.

lensmandave
Level 9
Interesting. I've never played Skyrim, am very tempted to give it a try. Any advice from seasoned players?
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

RuneSR2
Level 16
Can't we just have one big VR mod pack to install covering everything... I don't have the time to look for tons of mods, sigh. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Howie_Doodat
Level 7

RuneSR2 said:

Can't we just have one big VR mod pack to install covering everything... I don't have the time to look for tons of mods, sigh. 

Every time I’ve gotten into packages mods it’s become more of a hassle than it was worth. You’re better served looking up a list of recommended skyrim VR mods, and it’ll link all the nexus pages. Or just go to the most recommended mods on nexus. 

I get that that sounds miserable, but if you haven’t done it with Bethesda games before, I think you’ll be surprised at how insanely supported and straight forward the mods are, as well as the discussion around them.   

Zenbane
Level 16
I've already completed the game in VR (or as close as it gets to completing something like Skyrim).

However! This Mod would be amazing. In fact, it finally addresses one of my main criticisms when I wrote my review some time back:

94bmhk8fyz2f.png

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/65596/skyrimvr-bringing-the-player-to-tamriel-but-n...

I would install the Mod, but last I checked, my current Mod Manager is no longer supported. And there's no way in hell I'm going to download a new Mod Manager and go through that configuration hell again! lmao

But for anyone else up for the challenge, I have no doubt that this makes SkyrimVR that much more legendary.

OmegaM4N
Level 11

RuneSR2 said:

You should install the nexus mod manager, then you can install and remove mods instantly, and with skyrim and F4 most if the must have mods are on the front pages of the site, like lighting, weather, textures and audio.

saami81
Level 8
One "must have" mod also is MageVR. It is now much more than what it was at beginning.

With MageVR you can loot items in real time from containers (chests, bodies etc...).

Three different archery modes: Default, realistic, hardcore. In realistic you need to get new arrow from quiver after every shot and in hc mode your stamina drains after every shot and you cant shoot without stamina.

Immersive lockpicking: Works similar to Oblivion, but using motion controllers and ofc in real time. Good for immersion, because guards can arrest you in middle of lock picking.

Then there is Glyph painting for magic that i ahve not used yet and also one last important thing. Drinking potions by putting them near mouth and releasing.

Zenbane
Level 16

OmegaM4N said:

RuneSR2 said:

You should install the nexus mod manager, then you can install and remove mods instantly, and with skyrim and F4 most if the must have mods are on the front pages of the site, like lighting, weather, textures and audio.

No, this is bad advice. I used Nexus Mod Manager for years (it's how I publish my own  Myst Mod). But there is no official support for VR mods for Skyrim with this tool.
https://uploadvr.com/use-mods-skyrim-vr-pc/

Some tinkering got things to work initially, but it keeps breaking. It's the reason I stopped using it. There's a thread about this very issue on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/8ch8z2/what_is_the_best_mod_manager_for_vr_skyrim/

It seems that Vortex is still the best one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1855215795

So for anyone interested in modding Skyrim VR, DO NOT use Nexus Mod Manager. Unless you enjoy inflicting self-pain without ever achieving your goals lol

Howie_Doodat
Level 7
I honestly forgot that they released Vortex, I am using Vortex and I got most of the mods mentioned here from Nexus.com with zero issues. So I was referencing the site, not the software.