cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spiderman Homecoming. Another Disappointing VR "Experience"....

VirtualRealityO
Adventurer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zIgkEArflI

If you don't want to watch the video, that's cool. Here's a summary; 

Spiderman Homecoming VR Experience is available from today to check out for free from Oculus, Steam and Viveport. 
Unfortunately like most other VR "experiences" it's disappointing. 

You suit up (which is kinda cool to be fair) and then go through a small tutorial section learning how to shoot a few different webs. You eventually see some trouble going down in the distance and the city needs your help so you prepare yourself for some action. You swing towards the danger ready to take on some evil scumbag and then it ends.

It's like having your pants pulled down, having a nice sexy time with no finish....frustrating and very disappointing!

It's free so go check it out if you want an anti climax lol

TL:DR - Another rubbish VR experience
www.youtube.com/virtualrealityoasis
13 REPLIES 13

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Love the sex analogy. I haven't tried the Spiderman experience yet but I will definitely clean the pipes beforehand  :#

VirtualRealityO
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Love the sex analogy. I haven't tried the Spiderman experience yet but I will definitely clean the pipes beforehand  :#

Hahahaha! Always good advice :#

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
That thumbnail though.......  🙂
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Spiderman unmasked with a red beard. That's working for me :#

VirtualRealityO
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Spiderman unmasked with a red beard. That's working for me :#

It's the new look :wink:

Anonymous
Not applicable
They could at least let us swing for some time, but who knows, maybe we will see a Spiderman VR game some time in the future !!

VirtualRealityO
Adventurer

Nacaryus said:

They could at least let us swing for some time, but who knows, maybe we will see a Spiderman VR game some time in the future !!

Let's pray for this to happen

cybernettr
Superstar
I tried it and thought it was pretty good for a free app. In the training session when you're in web sling mode, in the 2nd play through I was having fun grabbing various objects and flinging them into the street, or seeing how far away I could get them to fly. But, yes, the ending was a little anticlimactic. 

VirtualRealityO
Adventurer

I tried it and thought it was pretty good for a free app. In the training session when you're in web sling mode, in the 2nd play through I was having fun grabbing various objects and flinging them into the street, or seeing how far away I could get them to fly. But, yes, the ending was a little anticlimactic. 

I feel like 5 mins more content would have made a huge difference. If you were able to continue swinging through the streets and then fight the evil dude it would have made this something much more satisfying. To end where it just gets good sucks.