cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Conflict (Now with Rift Support) - Free on Steam

taginda
Level 2
Hi,

Been playing this on the Rift an awful lot and I have to say while not perfect I have been really enjoying it.

Unfortunately there is no cockpit view it kind of puts you on top of the ship which although sounds terrible I have actually grown to love it. I can play this for literally hours with not a hint of motion sickness. All menus have been modified to work in the Rift so no switching between monitor and Rift is needed, can even see the chat box!

Dogfighting in the Rift in this game is such a adrenaline fueled experience, I really enjoy it! And as far as Rift implementation goes, kudos to the Devs as this is one of the best examples I have seen with working menus etc.

Give it a try, it's free:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212070/

P.S Add me in game 'Taginda' if you fancy making a vr squad!

Tips

Enable Rift mode in the options

I leave the resolution and window size as is, works fine and if I try and change it to full screen and 1280x800 you can't see anything.

Set a drift reset button in keybinds (You will need it!)

Adjust your cross here to the larger one and change the colour to something bright (This is a bit of a problem as the cross hair is quite difficult to see at times).

Remap ship roll from Q&E to A&D on the keyboard (Personal preference)
44 REPLIES 44

taginda
Level 2
I had no problem with the controls, I tend to bind a lot of the extra keys to my mouse though in all games just for quicker access.

Also frame rate wise I had no problems, ran smooth as silk on high settings and I certainly don't own a supercomputer by any stretch of the imagination!

Luciferous
Level 12
Couldn't you use Xpadder? Seems to work fine for Minecraft.

http://www.xpadder.com/

rupy
Level 2
"taginda" wrote:
Also frame rate wise I had no problems, ran smooth as silk on high settings and I certainly don't own a supercomputer by any stretch of the imagination!

How many FPS you got?
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.

taginda
Level 2
I haven't actually checked exact fps as I only do that if a game is running at a noticeably low frame rate (im looking at you PS2!). I'll have a look next time I'm on.

Christiaan
Level 4
This is pretty darn cool.

Controls are the only real hurdle here. The Rift integration is excellent. With supersampling cranked up, it looks quite nice. The scale of your own ship is a little odd, but everything else is immense. The HUD works well with the rift and everything is perfectly readable.

Had a pretty cool Oh-S__t moment during the tutorial where you start to learn the controls - nosing down and doing a barrel roll, I really felt 50 miles above the planet surface floating in space. No frame rate issues whatsoever.

Very nice surprise.

HobieWanKenobi
Level 2
I was gonna throw money in support of this title but ATM this game crashes very often, which is a shame, because it is alot of fun. 1 pvp map, 2 skirmishes, 5 crashes. I also had a bug where both eyes were rendered in a single eye.

taginda
Level 2
"HobieWanKenobi" wrote:
I was gonna throw money in support of this title but ATM this game crashes very often, which is a shame, because it is alot of fun. 1 pvp map, 2 skirmishes, 5 crashes. I also had a bug where both eyes were rendered in a single eye.

Ive had the exact same issues you've described, try lowering super sampling, can't say for sure but this seemed to cure it for me.

taginda
Level 2
"Christiaan" wrote:
This is pretty darn cool.

Controls are the only real hurdle here. The Rift integration is excellent. With supersampling cranked up, it looks quite nice. The scale of your own ship is a little odd, but everything else is immense. The HUD works well with the rift and everything is perfectly readable.

Had a pretty cool Oh-S__t moment during the tutorial where you start to learn the controls - nosing down and doing a barrel roll, I really felt 50 miles above the planet surface floating in space. No frame rate issues whatsoever.

Very nice surprise.

Yeah I think once you get round the controls its really quite an intense game. The music is epic as well, really gets the heart thumping when youre speeding to defend one of your points thats being captured!

Swashbuckler
Level 2
Thanks for the tip! Awesome game, runs super with a gt 650 m. Controls do fine just lower the mouse sensitivity.
Great sense of scale and height.

vonFelty
Level 2
Yeah. This game does a pretty good rift setup with the menus. A great deal better than War Thunder did.