cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Conflict (Now with Rift Support) - Free on Steam

taginda
Honored Guest
Hi,

Been playing this on the Rift an awful lot and I have to say while not perfect I have been really enjoying it.

Unfortunately there is no cockpit view it kind of puts you on top of the ship which although sounds terrible I have actually grown to love it. I can play this for literally hours with not a hint of motion sickness. All menus have been modified to work in the Rift so no switching between monitor and Rift is needed, can even see the chat box!

Dogfighting in the Rift in this game is such a adrenaline fueled experience, I really enjoy it! And as far as Rift implementation goes, kudos to the Devs as this is one of the best examples I have seen with working menus etc.

Give it a try, it's free:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212070/

P.S Add me in game 'Taginda' if you fancy making a vr squad!

Tips

Enable Rift mode in the options

I leave the resolution and window size as is, works fine and if I try and change it to full screen and 1280x800 you can't see anything.

Set a drift reset button in keybinds (You will need it!)

Adjust your cross here to the larger one and change the colour to something bright (This is a bit of a problem as the cross hair is quite difficult to see at times).

Remap ship roll from Q&E to A&D on the keyboard (Personal preference)
44 REPLIES 44

andywhiteley
Honored Guest
Ok, got it working.

In the task manager, kill the "wscript.exe" and "OVRservice_x64.exe" before launching. (Same as in Elite: Dangerous)

dandealer
Honored Guest
This game has surprused me in a really good way! runs very smoth and because the 3d view mode you dont miss positional tracking, hope they allow copkit view and full positional tracking in the future.

PsiKoTiK
Honored Guest
I gotta say, out of all the games and demos I've tried the week since receiving my DK2, this has to be biggest surprise, and most fun I've had (and I've had some fun in Elite and Euro Truck).

The game was simple to run, has perfect ui, scale and 3d, looks fantastic in the DK2, and plays brilliantly! What i thought was a mediocre game (on my monitor) a year and a half ago, is now a game I can see spending some serious time battling out in vr pvp space battles and levelling up some ships 🙂

I highly rate this game as an amazing vr experience.

kokunze
Honored Guest
Same for me.

Works instantly with the DK2 (Just start via SteamVR although it says "start in 2D")

Great fun!

The only thing I am missing is a Cockpit view and a more stable stomach 😄

Marconi
Explorer
Wow what a surprise this was! I think i'd enjoy this more than elite dangerous as its a bit more arcade - which i prefer.
Really needs gamepad/X52 support. Not everyone enjoys keyboard and mouse control even if it is more accurate.
APPLE LOVE iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, iMac GTX 970, 16GB, Water-cooled MONSTER.

wykyd789
Honored Guest
I have tried a lot of demos and games with the DK2 and this has been the easiest to set up and best to play. Pretty good action the only downside is it makes me twitch thinking of getting Elite beta now.

Luciferous
Consultant
Thanks for the tip the game is cracking on the DK2. I did play it on the DK1 but I struggled with the resolution but now its excellent. Definitely one of the best games I have tried.

witboy83
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up! This is one of the best games I played on DK2.

Graphics are really nice. I dont get stutter/judder/dropped frames at all, it runs really smooth for me.

Excellent game!

kokunze
Honored Guest
Yesterday I noticed, that I stayed 3 hours "in the Rift" playing this game. I never played any Rift game over an hour. This really pulled me inside 🙂

btw... I am flying with a flightstick and throttle control which works really great. But unfortunately I can only shoot to where I fly then. (unlike Mouse control)

Marconi
Explorer
"kokunze" wrote:
Yesterday I noticed, that I stayed 3 hours "in the Rift" playing this game. I never played any Rift game over an hour. This really pulled me inside 🙂

btw... I am flying with a flightstick and throttle control which works really great. But unfortunately I can only shoot to where I fly then. (unlike Mouse control)

What flight stick are you using and how did you set it up? I have a Saitek x52 and would love to use it along with a mouse:)
APPLE LOVE iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, iMac GTX 970, 16GB, Water-cooled MONSTER.