cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars Squadrons - Where to purchase?

Grometnj
Level 2

Buying for PC. I have an Rift S but buying through the Oculus store is not an option. So that leaves Steam, Epic Game Store and Origin as far as I can tell.

I have plenty of Steam games, but I absolutely hate steam VR.

If I pre-order through Steam does that lock me into needing to use steam VR?

Am I better off ordering through Origin or Epic Game store?

Just trying to figure out the best way for me to pre-order?

Thanks!

-Gromet

27 REPLIES 27

xeno3d
Level 6
i have Origins Premiere so it's included.  Supposedly it works fine

RuneSR2
Level 16
Strange that they didn't set a fixed launch time all over the world, but just Oct 2 meaning the install option became available depending on your time zone - but may have reduced the pressure on the servers though. 

Started my download 0:02 AM and then went to bed - this morning the 26GB download finished 7:10 AM - perfect 😉 Got a slow but free 10Mb connection - getting it upgraded to 100Mb today (still free from my work place). 

Won't be able to check the game before later today - I think the chance of native Oculus driver support is low with this game, but I love positive surprises. 

Note that it's very easy to check for native Oculus drivers - just start the game from Oculus Home, and if SteamVR does not start you've got native Oculus driver support. 

Reviews aren't good or bad - Metascore 81%:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-squadrons/critic-reviews

These reviews cover both pancake and VR. Neither VRFocus, RoadToVr nor UploadVR have published pure VR reviews yet. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Level 16

Zenbane said:

Got mine from Steam.

6gvpp76gzbnk.jpg

Using Index the math wasn't hard this time, lol. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

elboffor
Level 12
I bought it on steam.
I have all the regrets (no native support confirmed).
Requested a refund but I'm 3 hours deep sp they might be wankers about it. Origin purchase pending!
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

elboffor
Level 12
oh, hello again everyone 🙂

vannagirl
Level 12

elboffor said:

oh, hello again everyone 🙂

Ello stranger ❤️
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

elboffor
Level 12
Well i refunded mine on steam. I don't have steam vr installed after my recent nvme install anyways and don't intend to. The game has serious problems. No oculus sdk on steam was the kicker tho, the mahoosive dead zones kn my hotas was bad enough forcing me to use joystick gremlin. Fucking steam being nob heads as ussual.
Good to see all the old faces in this thread. I actually stumbled across the forum purely by accident while researching the sdk issue lol.

So vanna I gotta ask, did you ever get with Harvey or did ya get a restraining order on him? One of them must have happened by now

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hello strangers! I initially bought it on Steam, then refunded it due to the lack of native Oculus support, and bought it on Origin. Played for an hour last night, and didn’t have any performance issues. I could probably bump up the resolution scale a fair bit. I might try it on Quest Link next time for higher res and less godrays. 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

dburne
Level 16

nalex66 said:

Hello strangers! I initially bought it on Steam, then refunded it due to the lack of native Oculus support, and bought it on Origin. Played for an hour last night, and didn’t have any performance issues. I could probably bump up the resolution scale a fair bit. I might try it on Quest Link next time for higher res and less godrays. 

Beginning to wish I had bought it on Origin.
Do you get a mouse cursor in VR with it?
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index

saami81
Level 8

dburne said:

nalex66 said:

Beginning to wish I had bought it on Origin.
Do you get a mouse cursor in VR with it?

I .
No. Not in VR.