cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge on Rift S?

Azref
Explorer
Question is in the title.

Will Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge be released on the Rift S at some stage for those staying with PCVR?
Vader Immortal was an amazing experience and the main reason I purchased the Rift S besides flight simulators. It seems odd not to release the new game on the available platforms.

Will the game release at a later date?

26 REPLIES 26

falken76
Expert Consultant

Rezalder said:

It doesn't look good:
"Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge is the next VR-only Star Wars game from acclaimed developer ILMxLAB. As another Oculus-exclusive title, it's quickly becoming apparent that Oculus is the platform of choice for Star Wars VR games. Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge is an Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2-exclusive game and will not be coming to the Oculus Rift on PC due to Facebook sunsetting the Rift platform. That means that the Oculus Quest 2 is the best way to play the game, which is now available on the Oculus Store for $25."

Looks like Oculus went crazy Snowdog, they're abandoning all the Rift S users and giving up all that money.  They're done with PCVR.

Wondrr
Honored Guest
I literally bought the game with rift s and only just learned this. Can I get a refund somehow?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondrr said:

I literally bought the game with rift s and only just learned this. Can I get a refund somehow?

How did you purchase it ? 
Its not on the Rift store ..Or did you purchase from the Quest section.

Wondrr
Honored Guest

Wondrr said:

How did you purchase it ? 
Its not on the Rift store ..Or did you purchase from the Quest section.

i bought it on the website

kakek
Protege
Not only this, but every Oculus developed game is now Quest exclusive. Including games that started dev as PCVR game. ( Like Mare ). Warhammer battle sister is also not getting a Rift port. I would bet that it will be announced in a few months that lone echo 2 has been reworked as a quest game. And will come to quest first.
They're more that abandoning Rift S, they're actively killing it. I would not be very surprised if in a year or so, Oculus software update downright blocked Rift and Rift S from working at all.

Belial20XX
Honored Guest

kakek said:

Not only this, but every Oculus developed game is now Quest exclusive. Including games that started dev as PCVR game. ( Like Mare ). Warhammer battle sister is also not getting a Rift port. I would bet that it will be announced in a few months that lone echo 2 has been reworked as a quest game. And will come to quest first.
They're more that abandoning Rift S, they're actively killing it. I would not be very surprised if in a year or so, Oculus software update downright blocked Rift and Rift S from working at all.

if they do that I will be using by 2 year warranty and getting my money back. That is a bs move if they do that. I have had my rift s only a week and am learning that using Viveport is better that oculus own app for games. FB has seems to gone full stop at even releasing anything for the rift line. You an not even get Amazon Prime Video VR on Rift. It is absurd.

TheFishGuru
Honored Guest

Still not out for us Rift S users. I'm guessing they wont release at all. I just hope they do it for all their exclusive games. I hope I will be able to play Lone Echo II on my Rift S If and when that comes out. Because I won't be buying the Quest 2