cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarWars Squadrons Official Reveal and Gameplay Trailers - Full PCVR support

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Kinda looks way too awesome to be true... (in 90 fps, SteamVR res 150+ %, Reverb G2 - 3080 Tis may sell like hot cakes, lol)

xc9supla551x.jpg
gp9rjqht8dc2.jpg
aoh0akf2q43u.jpg
kuqmnw82kd8k.jpg
bgzmxlrrfr2u.jpg

October 2, 2020

STAR WARS™: Squadrons is available October 2, 2020 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Origin PC, Steam, Epic Games Store, and Virtual Reality (VR) on PlayStation 4 and PC with cross-play support.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222730/STAR_WARS_Squadrons/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

216 REPLIES 216

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Interesting, seems like the recommended VR specs are just an i7 7700K and a GTX 1070...

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview/pc-system-requirements?isLocalized=true

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aw bollocks, didn't see this thread, started another one in General ???

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Aw bollocks, didn't see this thread, started another one in General ???

The more the merrier  B)

Btw, I'm starting to get slightly excited about that SW game, but I've been hurt before, I'll doubt everything until I see some positive reviews...  o:) 

Maybe the PS4 is our savior, like Moss and Trover, making sure that the poly levels aren't too high to ensure great performance and then adding some nice high-res pc textures...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems like the game requires a gamepad or mouse/keyboard - and will not support Touch or Knuckles - that's not really "full PCVR support" in my book, but I guess I'll manage... 

According to the devs:

“We created this game for every Star Wars fan who has ever dreamt about soaring across the galaxy in their favourite starfighter,” said Motive Studios’ creative director Ian Frazier in a statement. “We’ve been able to create a high-fidelity starfighter experience with an authentic storyline that invites Star Wars fans to explore never-before-seen corners of the galaxy in their own ship.”

ohgrant
Superstar
As much as I love Star Wars, Star Wars games even more so, I'm pre planning on passing on this now. EA's Battlefront was nice to look at but was extremely difficult to find a controller setting for a flight stick. Battlefront !! was impossible with direct input or HOTAS controllers. I put quite a lot of hours in the flight sim section of BF1. I don't think I have 10 min in BF2. The flight mechanics are just awful. Just too much detached from being a 360 flight sim for me to enjoy. 
EA+ controller or mouse and keyboard. No thanks  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If this comes to PS5 with VR Support, then it is a must-buy for me. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out upon release.

i1epyys1di54.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm hoping for HOTAS controls and SimTools compatibility but I doubt either one will end up happening.

I'm fine with gamepad controls, there are some AWESOME VR games with gamepad only controls.

But the thing that worries me is that it's EA. They're not exactly known for producing quality titles and it's probably going to be full of micro transactions.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I know EA gets a lot hate, but they do have some legendary Titles. McGee's Alice alone is iconic. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

I know EA gets a lot hate, but they do have some legendary Titles. McGee's Alice alone is iconic. 

Yup, that's one of the early games though. They used to be A LOT better than they are nowadays.