cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Lab sound issue

leppard2
Protege
Hi just thought i would try the Lab on steam but i cant get sound to work from rift , i have set up sound on steam to go from Rift but it changes nothing and stays on PC speakers.

6 REPLIES 6

Roaster
Rising Star
I have an icon in Oculus Home for the Lab, which showed up automatically. Do you use Steam VR?  I had to start Steam VR before Descent would come to the Rift. Then an icon for Descent showed up in Oculus Home.
I'm thinking if you get it to show up in Home it might work.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

leppard2
Protege
hey there thanks for you reply, yea i run it first on steam and then from Oculus home but i still have no sound. 😞 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you have the audio set up to the Rift headphones in Oculus settings? Do other games (say on the Oculus store) work?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

leppard2
Protege
hi there i got it to work buy putting the steam VR audio setting back to there default and not changing to Oculus headphones lol 

All other games on Oculus home are ok thanks.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
If you are starting VR programs from outside of Oculus Home you have to change the default audio device in Windows.
If you are tired of switching manually between monitor/speakers and Rift I recommend getting the Oculus Tray Tool. That will do that automatically depending on whether Oculus Home is running or not (among other useful things). 

leppard2
Protege
Thanks for your help, i run a steam app from Oculus home with the headset on and I did have to change default audio in Windows to Rift.

Maybe I will look in to the Tray Tool as i does get annoying changing audio in windows.
Thanks for the info.