cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Phantom: Covert Ops Q&A Thread

I think it may be a good idea to have all the questions, problems and solution in a single thread.
This is really for problems relating to running or purchasing the game but could also be questions relating to achieving goals if you're really stuck... answers to those type questions should use the forum's spoiler feature to avoid.. erm.. spoiling it for others. I'll start merging threads into this one if that's ok with you guys.

There's also a Reviews and Impressions thread below to add your reviews and... well you get the idea:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/87436/phantom-covert-ops-releasing-june-25-reviews-...

15 REPLIES 15

hairbear31
Explorer
I'm at a panel that I need the torch to open, but I don't have the torch and haven't been able to find it. Is it on me or do I have to find it in a stash box?

hairbear31
Explorer
Anyone else getting a touch controller icon on the paddle that doesn't go away? it's very distracting and kills the immersion. 

hairbear31
Explorer
it only shows up on the Quest, not on the Rift

McNutts
Adventurer
Is Phantom: Covert Ops cross buy? 

I see on various sites that have reviewed the game that it is cross buy. When I look at the games page in the Oculus phone app and PC app for the Rift S it doesn't have both platforms listed like cross buy games normally do. If it's cross buy I'm going to buy it right now.

So for anyone that has bought it and own a Rift S and a Quest did you get both versions when you bought it on one platform or will I have to buy it for each platform?
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

nalex66
MVP
MVP

McNutts said:

I see on various sites that have reviewed the game that it is cross buy. When I look at the games page in the Oculus phone app and PC app for the Rift S it doesn't have both platforms listed like cross buy games normally do. If it's cross buy I'm going to buy it right now.

So for anyone that has bought it and own a Rift S and a Quest did you get both versions when you bought it on one platform or will I have to buy it for each platform?

Yeah, I don’t know why the store page doesn’t list both platforms like it should, but if you expand the description, it says this at the bottom:
OCULUS OPTIMISED
Cross-buy, cross-save and cross-play, including Oculus Link support.

I really wish Oculus would do a better job with Cross-buy; it should be properly and consistently flagged, it should be searchable, and they should always make sure the prices and sale discounts match across both versions. During the anniversary sale, there were many cross-buy titles on sale on the Rift store that were full price for the Quest.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

McNutts
Adventurer

nalex66 said:

McNutts said:

Yeah, I don’t know why the store page doesn’t list both platforms like it should, but if you expand the description, it says this at the bottom:
OCULUS OPTIMISED
Cross-buy, cross-save and cross-play, including Oculus Link support.

I really wish Oculus would do a better job with Cross-buy; it should be properly and consistently flagged, it should be searchable, and they should always make sure the prices and sale discounts match across both versions. During the anniversary sale, there were many cross-buy titles on sale on the Rift store that were full price for the Quest.

I agree 100% about Oculus making it more obvious about cross-buy.

It shouldn't take any effort on my part to find out if a game is cross-buy. Take Steam for example. Everything you need to know about a game is in a side bar. If a game is VR compatible I can easily see that it is. If a VR game supports the Index, Oculus headsets, but not Windows Mixed Reality headsets I can easily see that info. Instead with Oculus there have been a few times since I started using Oculus headsets where I had to search for that info.

Thanks for the info on this games cross-buy status. I bought it the second I found out it was cross-buy. I haven't been able to play it yet. I plan on jumping in the game today after dinner. I can't wait!
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

BadaBingBoom
Honored Guest
Question for game challenge:

Anybody figure out how to beat the helicopter at the end? I shoot it with the grenade launcher, I explode. I try to run, it kills me. Not seeing a clear way of finishing this. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
And please use the spoiler option when asking for help with the later and bigger battles, thanks! 🙂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"