cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The great free app COCO VR no longer works correctly

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This Oculus exclusive app still is a great one:

Unfortunately it seems that Oculus has updated some software so that Coco VR no longer works correctly - to quote some recent users, and I have the exact same issue using Rift CV1:

"gorgeous but can’t pick up anything

The interactions after leaving the clothing shop don’t work. Things just float when you grab them. It’s absolutely beautiful but really wish the interactive element worked. Still worth the experience just disappointed.´"

" [...] the only con is that i cant actualy pick up the paint brushes or the hats or mustches or other thiungs. please fix the interaction stuff concerning this. i really want to be able to play around with all this. but other than that its a really neat place to be in VR."

I can confirm that picking up stuff and using paint brushes no longer works. The Coco VR app has not been updated in many years, so the error is probably caused by updates to the Oculus software. @Ryanality and @MetaQuestSupport could you report this error to the team? Coco VR has taken many hours to make, really sad not to have this awesome app working properly. The app still does work, you just can't pick up stuff. Try to put a record on the player and you can verify the error in seconds. Thanks!  

- And a few shots to remember this awesome app/game 🙂

coco_image_1.png
coco_image_23.png
coco_image_3.pngcoco_image_7.pngcoco_image_21.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

7 REPLIES 7

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Note that I also have contacted both Disney and Magnopus about Coco no longer working (Magnopus made the game, Disney owns the game).  Grossman from Magnopus replied:

"Rune!
Yeah, man that kinda bums us out too.  We’ve been trying to get access to be able to give it some updates.  As the Oculus platform has changed, they’ve broken a few things like multiplayer, and grabbing things.  When we built it, we handed the storefront keys over to Disney, so we can’t push any updates without them, and I’m afraid that it might not have a parent anymore over there.

Will let you know if we come up with an update because it’s still our favorite place to toss paper airplanes! Thanks for playing, sorry to leave you…empty-handed.

Ben Grossmann MAGNOPUS
(310) 619-8824 | ben@magnopus.com"

I really hope something can be done to fix Coco - it's a great app also for children, especially trying VR for the first time.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I did not stop after contacting Magnopus, but also contacted Disney 🤓 - seems my supporter is taking the matter seriously - she just wrote:

"Hello again Rune,

Thank you for letting us know this information. We would be happy to pass this along as feedback to the appropriate team, and see if there are any tips or tricks we may be able to recover. To do so, we will need just a bit more information. If you can let us know the following info, this will help the appropriate team look into any possible future patches:

Software Update
OS Version

I hope to hear from you soon, 

Teisha
Disney Games & Apps Support"

I just provided her with the needed info, interesting what will happen now... 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Disney Support just wrote back - and Teisha is becoming my favorite supporter even if she really can help 🤞🍀

"Hello again Rune,
Thank you for letting us know this information! We have escalated this within our team to have a much closer look and will reach back out as soon as we have further information.
 You will be hearing from us soon, 

Teisha
Disney Games & Apps Support"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Disney Support did just contant me again:

mail.jpgHello again Rune,

Thank you for your patience! We are still looking into this inquiry and will reach out with further information.

All the best, 

Teisha
Disney Games & Apps Support

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed - Coco VR is a wonderful introduction to VR for kids - and adults too 😉 

Coco VR is actually quite demanding when using very high res, 4xMSAA and dynamic shadows - so really perfect for the new generation of gpus. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

New response from Disney - not sure this is going anywhere, but I do appreciate the elaborate reply - and will keep my fingers crossed for Coco VR 🤞

Hello again Rune,

Thank you so much for your patience! We were able to reach out to the developer and gather some information for you. Unfortunately, it does not seem as though there are any planned updates for Coco VR at this time. We can confirm that your version of "Thu_01_04_2018.release_1.2.2396" is the most up to date release. While we can not say when there may possibly be an update, we have put forward feedback to the team for you! Keep an eye out for any future possibilities. 

If you have any future questions or concerns for our team, please do not hesitate to reach right back out.

All the best, 

Teisha
Disney Games & Apps Support

It's a real bummer that the developers want to fix it but Disney won't give them the access to do so.

Thornskade
Explorer

It's unfortunate this has never been fixed, but I'm more so baffled that something like this can happen in the first place. How do updates to the Oculus software break physics interactions in a video game? How are these two things even related?

Does Oculus provide physics libraries that games can make use of or something?