cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Through the Ages (President Obama) keeps crashing

csambhudat
Honored Guest
There's a new free app on the Oculus store called "Through the Ages (President Obama)".

However, this keeps crashing at startup with the following error:

"NPS has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem."

Is anyone else having this issue? This is the only app that does this, I can run other Oculus apps without issue.

32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

"NPS has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem."

Same error here (2500K, GTX 970). If this is a limitation due to the processor generation, it's pretty disappointing.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Same problem, I7 3770K. That's look like a limitation of our CPUs, really sad 😞 First time this happened with a game/app

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

aszeto68
Honored Guest
new version's out. works now.

Reala
Honored Guest

aszeto68 said:

Not for me, just DL'ed the app, no updates showing.  Insta-crashes on launch.  4790K CPU.

aszeto68
Honored Guest

Reala said:

aszeto68 said:

Not for me, just DL'ed the app, no updates showing.  Insta-crashes on launch.  4790K CPU.

strange, i5 2500k and gtx970 here and after the update(it says 1.0.5.8 now) it works perfectly.

aszeto68
Honored Guest
here's the release note:

h0roi85gn3g3.png

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
I3 4130 cpu here, no issues.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
The new version fixed the problem for me

Reala
Honored Guest

aszeto68 said:

Reala said:

aszeto68 said:

strange, i5 2500k and gtx970 here and after the update(it says 1.0.5.8 now) it works perfectly.

Yep per Oculus Home 1.0.5.8 is the version I have, crashes every time instantly ("NPS Has Stopped Working").  I straight DL'ed 1.0.5.8, never had 1.0.5.5, never did an update.  System is Win 8.1, 4790k, 970 (372.70), 16GB.  All other apps launch fine.  Perhaps the updated executable referenced in the patch notes was mistakenly not applied to the full install package, only those updating from 1.0.5.5?

*Edit* My actual executable in file folder shows up as 1.0.5.7, everyone have that or is yours 1.0.5.8?

aszeto68
Honored Guest
mine is 1.0.5.7 too.

delete and reinstall?