cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twilight Garden 'expansion' for Moss

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Pardon my ignorance, but can anyone explain to me how the expansion to Moss that came out the other day works? I have to find a new portal in certain levels then it unlocks? Is it a straightforward level or what? I'm a little confused 
6 REPLIES 6

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
You remember that green Gem you found at the intro of the game?
y9eogrdycjpj.jpg

It gets used here. Seems that there are 3 possible locations to find this portal. I found mine in the map, "Last Respite."
You'll notice some green sparkling lights in an area. Just walk up to it and click the action button.

590jr7dz54t5.jpg

You'll toss up the green Gem and open a Portal.

mocwjynqny0c.jpg

After that, your Chapter Select screen gets updated to show the portal areas. Seems that there are 3 total:
  • Last Respite
  • The Mire Temple
  • The Abandoned City

jqsat6wvyus9.jpg

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Awesome! So do we have to find the 3 portals in the original areas to play Twilight Garden in its entirety? Or just one will allow full access? 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
No idea! I just found the first Portal today. Haven't played through it yet. 🙂

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Can't wait to dive into it this weekend, busy af today so won't be able to try it 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

JeremyC85 said:

Awesome! So do we have to find the 3 portals in the original areas to play Twilight Garden in its entirety? Or just one will allow full access? 

All 3 portals lead to the same place. The only thing finding all 3 will do is give you an Achievement Unlock.

The new level isn't selectable as a Chapter, but you can come and go as you please with all the portals. Not that you'd want to leave. It's a good 1-2 hours of fantastic puzzle solving ending with a great boss battle.

The final outcome:

New Gear! You get new Armor and a New Sword. The new attacks are badass and put you in beast mode. Plus you get a new weapon power (projectile ass kickery). This adds a whole new element to the game.

ndjlxg4hf9su.jpg

This new level reminded me of American McGee's Alice, which I loved. A lot of attention to detail was put in this DLC, and the puzzles have a decent difficulty factor; as does the final boss battle.

The new locations are beautiful.

3tvi9ghitbeg.jpg

I was so pleased with this update that I completed the end-game again; and I went through all the levels to complete the Power and Scroll unlocks. Unless there's a hidden secret, I think I hit all Achievements. Looking forward to more DLC!

comparettolaura
Honored Guest
I am so confused! I’m playing on Oculus Quest. I even restarted the whole game! But both times I have found and entered all three portals, found most of the scrolls, and that bottle is nearly filled! (The one you see with the storybook) and I still can not get to book 2 “Twilight Garden” someone please help!!!