cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-Racer Hoverbike - awesome racing game!

RuneSR2
Level 15

Just tried my favorite VR racing game, but I'm not a great fan of sims - and this isn't a sim 😄  

The graphics are quite good, and of course solid 90 fps are best. On my rig (see my sig) I could set super sampling to 1.6 and max out all other settings and get 90 fps. But setting super sampling to 1.6 in-game isn't the same as getting ss 1.6 in Oculus Tray Tool 😉 Super sampling in-game can be set to values like for example 1.6, 2, 3 and 4. 4 is the same as ss 2.0, while 3 = ss 1.75 and 2 = ss 1.4. 1.6 is probably = ss 1.2. 

No matter what I did, I couldn't get solid 90 fps using ss 2.0 (= "4" in-game), but ss 1.75 (="3") was ok if I disabled (or set to the lowest) all other settings. This wasn't bad - using ss 1.75 you don't need antialiasing (much), and shadows, bloom etc. aren't really important settings in this game. 

The game can be found here - seems to be the most popular racing game on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/668430/VRacer_Hoverbike/

If you have a GTX 1080 (RTX 2060) or better, I'd recommend setting super sampling in-game to 3 (=ss 1.75) and then disable (set to the lowest) all other graphics settings. You can try to max out everything and still keep in-game ss to 3, the fps counter will now measure 45 fps, but the game still performed nicely - I wonder if the game supports asw 2.0. 

This game is played seated only, and probably best seated in a couch, because you need to lean all the way left or right. Using a normal chair you risk falling, but a couch is perfect 😉

This game isn't for VR beginners - I'd recommend it only to seasoned VR users. This game is fast and there're 360 degrees loops on some tracks - if you're prone to VR nausea, this game probably isn't for you. But it's the most awesome racing experience I've had for a long time - maybe ever, lol.  

Some in-game screenshots (click to enlarge) - yes the game looks this good - and no, a 2080 Ti isn't wasted on this game  B)

341xrdz89u0i.jpg
gvh6piad4siz.jpg

Check out the road textures here - quite awesome, right?
ggz4545ssjdt.jpg

g8yd3bt4mrgs.jpg
crrsfyq7ys96.jpg

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

39 REPLIES 39

RuneSR2
Level 15
The game has been updated:

https://youtu.be/LxqwMbBVOic

Note that the Steam version supports native Oculus drivers.

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

pyroth309
Level 14
MEGA-UPDATE COMING THIS FALL
We're hard at work on bringing you a lot of new stuff for V-Racer Hoverbike

Hello racers,

We just started alpha testing for a mega-update that will drop this fall.

After adding all those race tracks, we decided to focus on making the whole game more consistent and challenging to play. The update encompasses a lot of areas, but here are a few of the things it will include:
- a completely redesigned menu system with virtual hands and finger touch
- a livery editor that now lets you customize not only your bike, but also your suit and helmet
- a career mode with increasing difficulty across several championships
- all tracks reskinned in "Neon style", available in two new game modes
- improved multiplayer with a spectator mode suited for livecasting and e-sports events
- progression system with unlockables (including bike models, suits, helmets, liveries and more)

We'll give you more details as we get closer to release.
In the mean time, have fun racing!

The VertexBreakers team

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/668430/view/2489876169951170662

saami81
Level 8
Anyone from here playing? I try to do atleast weekly challenge time trial when i remember. Game is still good.

RuneSR2
Level 15

saami81 said:

Anyone from here playing? I try to do atleast weekly challenge time trial when i remember. Game is still good.

Tested the game last night, it worked nicely using SteamVR res 100%, in-game super sampling level 3 and with motion smoothing. For the colors I still prefer oled - in my case CV1. Asw 2.0 still has the best performance, but motion smoothing isn't far behind.

It close to my favorite VR racing game.

Pixie40
Level 10
I watch those trailers, and can't help but wonder how you control the bike. Also, I keep envisioning people trying to climb onto the hoverbikes and falling on their ass because there's nothing actually there.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

RuneSR2
Level 15

Pixie40 said:

I watch those trailers, and can't help but wonder how you control the bike. Also, I keep envisioning people trying to climb onto the hoverbikes and falling on their ass because there's nothing actually there.

I recommend sitting in a couch - where you can lean all the way to both sides without risiking any falls. Or just be careful sitting in a chair with no armrests.

RuneSR2
Level 15

A large update is arriving next month:

54ecvna37cn71.jpg

According to the developers:

"Hello racers,

We just started alpha testing for a mega-update that will drop this fall.

After adding all those race tracks, we decided to focus on making the whole game more consistent and challenging to play. The update encompasses a lot of areas, but here are a few of the things it will include:

- a completely redesigned menu system with virtual hands and finger touch

- a livery editor that now lets you customize not only your bike, but also your suit and helmet

- a career mode with increasing difficulty across several championships

- all tracks reskinned in "Neon style", available in two new game modes

- improved multiplayer with a spectator mode suited for livecasting and e-sports events

- progression system with unlockables (including bike models, suits, helmets, liveries and more)

We'll give you more details as we get closer to release.

In the mean time, have fun racing!

The VertexBreakers team"

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/668430/view/2489876169951170662

Looks like **bleep**...

Dookie...

RuneSR2
Level 15

V-Racer is one of the finest racing games in VR - graphics are simply awesome with the RTX 3090. Maxing out all in-game graphics, you will need a RTX 3090 to get 90 fps. I get close to solid 90 fps, but there're a few places where I dip below. Going from the GTX 1080 to 3090 is a total game changer - from 45 fps ASW 2.0 with reduced graphics to 90 fps with maxed-out graphics settings. 

This isn't a realistic game nor sim - but an arcade racer - but that's how I like my racing games the most 🤗 9.5/10.

Feels like entering some giant Sega arcade machine when wearing the Index hmd and starting a race - but I don't need any coins 😎

Some in-game shots from Steam:   

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

download (4).jpg