cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR adventure-brawler Feral Rites, from Insomniac Games, is launching September 13th on the Rift

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
VR adventure-brawler Feral Rites, from Insomniac Games, is launching September 13th on the Rift. Who...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZA6MSf2w7c

OVERVIEW

Feral Rites is a VR adventure-brawler set on a mystical island. Avenge the death of your father by brawling your way through harrowing missions and quests. Immerse yourself exploring unique areas of the island from under the jungle canopy to ruined temples while mastering new abilities — including the power to transform into a feral beast. Witness the brutality of savage violence all around you.

STORYLINE

Long ago, a beloved Chieftain was brutally murdered. Society fell into chaos in his absence. Violence became rampant as peace-loving people fled or faced certain-death. The Chieftain’s infant child was saved and raised in a foreign land. This child, now an adult, has returned to the island seeking revenge for the murder of their father.

KEY FEATURES

Explore a vast and gorgeous island with unique environments to complete missions and quests. A combo-based combat system allows players to execute enemies, and players can unlock extra gear to strengthen their playstyle and customize their character.

• Transform into the beast within to use special abilities and powers.
  • Combo-based combat system with mid-air combat and executions.
  • Explore multiple unique areas of the island, with story-missions and side-quests.
  • Play as a male or female character- with unique abilities for each.
  • Collect gear and treasure for greater character customization and replay.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
7 REPLIES 7

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
My opinion? It's another one of those Oculus games which aren't proper VR but more third person games with VR viewpoints. Seems to be the theme with Oculus titles as they shy away from making people sick. Still, I like the idea of free-roam and playing as a female warrior. So, depending on price I might play ball.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

blanes
Rising Star
Maybe if it is no more than 15 or 20 bucks it could be worth a look, but really after playing similar games over the years it is hard to be excited just because it is in VR. Lets see.  😉

benplace
Rising Star
Quick gameplay video at 2:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHmR9ESR4wQ

benplace
Rising Star
Camera looks stationary like Chronos.  If its as good as Edge of Nowhere it will be great.

cero490
Heroic Explorer
This is actually a title I've been looking forward too, however, I wasn't expecting it quite this soon and need to recover from my last VR purchases. >.<'

CrashFu
Consultant
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one, too. The camera choice makes sense, for a fast-paced, violent action game.

Really curious to see what the gameplay is going to be like.  Will it be more of a Diablo hack-n-slash kind of thing, or more like a God of War spectacle-fighter thing?  Guess I'll find out first-hand in five or six days here. :wink:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

ramon
Protege
Great!
the next 3rd. Person, teleportation, clickrotation bullshit ass game.