cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VTOL VR Problem

JohnnyDioxin
Level 11
Anyone else struggling to start once in the game?

I'm getting to be on the aircraft carrier, with the F-22s landing and parking up. Everything looks as it should, but I am unable to physically press either of the two buttons on the podium (START or QUIT).

My hands are shown, when I reach forward my finger moves as if pointing, but it goes straight through the buttons. Had to hard quit.

I've been waiting until I had a little time to play this, having owned it since release and tried it once to have a quick look (when everything was working fine). A lot has happened with it since then, so it's really disappointing to have this issue now.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
4 REPLIES 4

JohnnyDioxin
Level 11
Okay, I managed to work out how to operate the push buttons. Pity there is no advice on that, in-game.

Done the start-up, take-off and landing and still in one piece! It's really weird, not having a physical joystick to use. Makes precise control pretty difficult. I think it's possible to use my HOTAS, but they are fixed to my desk, so I wouldn't be able to operate many of the VC switches - that's another reason I waited so long to play it again, making sure I had sufficient space around me. Oh well - just have to keep practising with the virtual stick.

Morgrum
Level 11
You had me at F-22's landing and parking on an aircraft carrier........
If a F-22 or any other standard Air Force aircraft ever landed on a carrier they would need construction crane to lift it and place it in its parking spot.
The shock struts simply arent built to take that impact.
WAAAGH!

steamydropper
Level 2

Brixmis said:

Okay, I managed to work out how to operate the push buttons. Pity there is no advice on that, in-game.

Done the start-up, take-off and landing and still in one piece! It's really weird, not having a physical joystick to use. Makes precise control pretty difficult. I think it's possible to use my HOTAS, but they are fixed to my desk, so I wouldn't be able to operate many of the VC switches - that's another reason I waited so long to play it again, making sure I had sufficient space around me. Oh well - just have to keep practising with the virtual stick.

what did you do to make it work.   im having the same issue with the buttons engaging.  i can feel the typing but there is no response in game. 

JohnnyDioxin
Level 11
I can't remember, tbh - it was definitely the way I was doing it (maybe an instantaneous click instead of a longer press?) I think it may have required a quick stab with the finger and a press of the trigger at the same time. I'll check again in a moment and get back to you.

Edit: seems I uninstalled it to make room for Skyrim. I'm pretty sure you have to press one of the buttons as you are pushing with your finger, though - try that.