cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VTOL VR Problem

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Anyone else struggling to start once in the game?

I'm getting to be on the aircraft carrier, with the F-22s landing and parking up. Everything looks as it should, but I am unable to physically press either of the two buttons on the podium (START or QUIT).

My hands are shown, when I reach forward my finger moves as if pointing, but it goes straight through the buttons. Had to hard quit.

I've been waiting until I had a little time to play this, having owned it since release and tried it once to have a quick look (when everything was working fine). A lot has happened with it since then, so it's really disappointing to have this issue now.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
4 REPLIES 4

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Okay, I managed to work out how to operate the push buttons. Pity there is no advice on that, in-game.

Done the start-up, take-off and landing and still in one piece! It's really weird, not having a physical joystick to use. Makes precise control pretty difficult. I think it's possible to use my HOTAS, but they are fixed to my desk, so I wouldn't be able to operate many of the VC switches - that's another reason I waited so long to play it again, making sure I had sufficient space around me. Oh well - just have to keep practising with the virtual stick.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
You had me at F-22's landing and parking on an aircraft carrier........
If a F-22 or any other standard Air Force aircraft ever landed on a carrier they would need construction crane to lift it and place it in its parking spot.
The shock struts simply arent built to take that impact.
WAAAGH!

steamydropper
Honored Guest

Brixmis said:

Okay, I managed to work out how to operate the push buttons. Pity there is no advice on that, in-game.

Done the start-up, take-off and landing and still in one piece! It's really weird, not having a physical joystick to use. Makes precise control pretty difficult. I think it's possible to use my HOTAS, but they are fixed to my desk, so I wouldn't be able to operate many of the VC switches - that's another reason I waited so long to play it again, making sure I had sufficient space around me. Oh well - just have to keep practising with the virtual stick.

what did you do to make it work.   im having the same issue with the buttons engaging.  i can feel the typing but there is no response in game. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I can't remember, tbh - it was definitely the way I was doing it (maybe an instantaneous click instead of a longer press?) I think it may have required a quick stab with the finger and a press of the trigger at the same time. I'll check again in a moment and get back to you.

Edit: seems I uninstalled it to make room for Skyrim. I'm pretty sure you have to press one of the buttons as you are pushing with your finger, though - try that.